Looking for Chad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pingwin77

Reaction score
I saw this recipe on here about a month ago and decided to brew it at home. I wanted to thank Chad, whom I believe to be the creator of said recipe, however, I managed to lose the thread in which I found this and therefore could not thank him.

Chad, if you happen to read this, Thanks! This is the first recipe I made that was not a kit. I actually went and bought all the ingrediants for the first time and it was a blast. I will be bottling this weekend and will keep this thread updated as things progress.
Code:
CHAD'S BLACKBERRY STOUT (I think it is a stout, I lost the name of the beer as well)

Recipe Type: Extract
Yeast: Wyeast Labs 1084 Irish Ale
Yeast Starter: 2 Quart
Batch Size (Gallons): 5
Original Gravity: 1.060
Final Gravity: 1.020
IBU: 25.3
Boiling Time (Minutes): 60
Color: 28.1 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 14 days @ 65F
Tasting Notes: See Below

Amount Item Type % or IBU 
3 lbs 4.8 oz Dark Liquid Extract (17.5 SRM) Extract 36.26 % 
3 lbs 4.8 oz Wheat Liquid Extract (8.0 SRM) Extract 36.26 % 
8.0 oz Black Barley (Stout) (500.0 SRM) Grain 5.49 % 
8.0 oz Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 5.49 % 
8.0 oz Special Roast (50.0 SRM) Grain 5.49 % 
1 lbs Honey (1.0 SRM) Sugar 10.99 % 

1.00 oz Pride of Ringwood [8.50 %] (60 min) Hops 22.1 IBU 
0.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (15 min) Hops 3.2 IBU 

1 Pkgs Irish Ale (Wyeast Labs #1084) Yeast-Ale 

6.00 oz Blackberry Extract (Bottling 5.0 min) Misc 
3/4 cup Corn Sugar (Bottle)

This was back from when I first started, so it was an extract with steeped grains brew and only single fermentation. This is also my first recipe post, so be gentle.

This has been by far my most popular beer. I have received more compliments on the flavor and characteristics of this beer than any other I have made. Nice dark color. Beautiful aroma and tasty flavor. The blackberry really comes through, which is what I wanted. I have one bottle of this left, which would be about 2 years old now. I will definitely be making this one again, soon hopefully, as I'm now starting my all grain adventures and really am wanting to make more of this. I'd give this 45/50 easily!

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or decide to brew this up...

Chad

Latest posts

Back