Free New York Sour Homebrewing Event (Monday 10/25)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsock

Reaction score
(Cross-post from the Events board)

If live near NYC please come out to Beer Table in Brooklyn on October 25th. My friend Nathan and I will be up from DC to talk and taste homebrewed sour beer (including magnums of blended, barrel-aged, sour cherry stout and sour kvass). We’re happy to try to take requests as well for beers we’ve posted about ( http://themadfermentationist.com/ and http://desjardinbrewing.blogspot.com/ ).

Before our thing there is presentation on hops that isn’t free, but the homebrewer meet-up at 9 pm that we’re there for is completely free. Event page: http://www.beertable.com/events/

if it wasn't on a monday i'd be all about it. starting @ 7am everyday puts a damper on that, though. too bad:(

edit: on second thought we'll see how it plays out. very tempting. if you have the time, go to The Gate which is only minutes from the Beer Table (17 min walking time on google maps). it's the same owners as the well known Blind Tiger.

I'll try and make it (this sounds great) but Monday afternoons/evenings can be tough sometimes. I am brewing a sour this weekend that obviosuly won't be done before this event, but it would be nice to talk to others who like the style and taste some homebrewed suds. Those magnums sound delicious.

Hmm, I might make it down depending on if I can catch a train - Ill be in Amherst from Sunday till the end of the month

Cool, hope you guys can make it out/down for it. We'll also be coming up early so if anyone wants to meet up before hand for a beer earlier let me know.

I'm seriously going to try for this one, but since I'm leaving my house in 4 hours so my wife can begin an induction, I think it's going to be a hard sell the first week being home with the baby. I'm really going to try though.

I'm seriously going to try for this one, but since I'm leaving my house in 4 hours so my wife can begin an induction, I think it's going to be a hard sell the first week being home with the baby. I'm really going to try though.

Congrats! Hope all goes well and you can make it out.

Last reminder, the event is tomorrow night. Hope to see a couple of you there.

I'll be there and I will contribute! It's not a sour, but I'll bring a sixer of my most recent brew (I'm calling it "Domino IPA").

I'm very excited about chatting with you tonight about the sour cherry all brett beer I am working on.

The homebrew event was great! I hope you liked my IPA. My favorite beer of the night was the sour that had some sour cherry blended in, but the bread yeast beers were surprisingly good. It's always nice to taste soemthing new. I think I am going to try the bread yeast + rye bread beer next, to see how it comes out.

The kvasses were all really good. (My favorite was the dark one despite not being a "true" one.) And I agree, the flanders blend was excellent. A pity that it was a one time blend.

Glad you guys enjoyed the beers, it was nice to meet everyone (and try quite a few excellent beers, including that IPA). Glad to see the NYC homebrew scene is going strong (also a big thanks to Justin for breaking out bottles of Cantillon Zwanze 2010 from his Beer Table cellar).

Jet, we live down in DC, so if you ever want to make it down for a DC Homebrewers meeting I'm usually there with beer (you can shoot me a message in advance and I'll bring something extra interesting).

Latest posts

Back