Taking the plunge...ordered parts for kegerator :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
The time has finally come to convert my garage side-by-side. I ordered these from Rapids Wholesale: :ban:

2 Perlick Stainless Faucets (start out right :p)
2 El Cheap-o black faucet handles
2 Assembled Nipple Shanks - 1/4" x 4"L
3-way CO2 distributor, no safety
2 rubber faucet covers (hopefully they fit the Perlicks)

I need to rebuild a keg but they didn't sell those seals. I'll see what I can get at the hardware store, ala the pinned parts list.

Just wanted to share my joy. Now I just need to paint the fridge and figure out how far apart to space them. Is there a comfortable, common spacing?

YAY KEGGING!

You will never regret buying those Perlicks!
Mine come through a wall and were pre spaced on a hanging drip tray, they are 3" from center to center of the taps.

Like this- Beer Drip Tray - 8" Stainless Steel Wall Mount - 2 Faucet

Wow, that's an awesome setup. :cool: Maybe in the future I can persuade SWMBO to let me do such a thing.

That is one thing that I don't have ordered is a drip tray. I'll go on a tour of the usual hardware stores and see what I come up with. I'll fall back on one from ebay if I can't come up with something nice on my own.

Don't forget beer & gas tubing!

What's that? j/k :D

I currently already have a keg in the fridge with a picnic tap (1/4" x 5' vinyl for gas, 3/16" x 10' for beer). I was just going to pick up more of the tubing at the hardware store after I get the first tap up and running.

Spare rings never hurt-

part numbers 9452K218 (lid seals $12.50), 9452K23 ($2.15), and 9452K172 ($1.96).

Forget which is which, but Dip tube/post rings are 100 packs, and lid rings are 10 packs. +1 on the PERLICKS! Good choice- invest in some starsan while your at it (sorry I just love it as a sanitizer). Happy kegging! :mug:

Spare rings never hurt-

part numbers 9452K218 (lid seals $12.50), 9452K23 ($2.15), and 9452K172 ($1.96).

Forget which is which, but Dip tube/post rings are 100 packs, and lid rings are 10 packs. +1 on the PERLICKS! Good choice- invest in some starsan while your at it (sorry I just love it as a sanitizer). Happy kegging! :mug:

Thanks much for the parts information. That is such a good price I'd have no excuse not to swap rings often. :mug:

The dip tubes and lid seals last a long time, but the poppets one tend to wear. Many people use keg lube to prevent damage and maintain good seals (I've been meaning to get some... D'OH!). Also, the post take 7/8 or 11/16 deep sockets (most all of mine are 7/8, but have one or two that are 11/16). The ones with notches or stars are you IN ones; yes, there is a slight difference.

I guess the only other thing I can think of is pressure test your keg before racking into it. Still fixable after, but a hassle when you are worried about contaminating your beer. STARSAN!!!! (Great cleaner, no rinse; Many threads on it as well as the other cleaners). Hope this helps get you on your feet! Welcome to draft beer, and be prepared for more cornies! :mug:

Back