Spots for Beer Tours?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryCPhilly

Reaction score
So my brewing partner is going craz...I mean getting married, and I have been placed on Bachelor Party Weekend duty. Through some discussions, we have deciphered his ideal scenario to be one day of poker, scotch, and cigars, and a second of touring/ crawling breweries and craft beer bars.

My first thought was...well, our home town of Philly, but that got shot down because some wish to get away from home for a night or two. My second thought was Asheville, but some were a bit hard up for cash. So I'm open for suggestions.

What I'm looking for is a spot in the Mid-Atlantic region with a good craft beer/ brewery presence, and an availability of rentable homes or lodges that could accommodate a group of us. Any ideas?

What I did a few months back was type in "breweries near U.S." on google and pic a spot that looks like a good mix. Since we were also traveling on a bike we hit Waynesboro, VA and stayed at a Holiday in Express. We hit Starr Hill (Tasting Bar and retail shop), Blue Mountain (Great food, good beer) then the next day we hit the Blue Ridge Parkway south and came back up to hit the Devils Backbone Brewery (Awesome food and good beer as well) for a late lunch. You could easily slip over to the Charlottesville or hit as many wineries as you want. Check out the map and see what looks good for you guys and have a safe trip them roads down there are twisty.

Yeah search the area. I can reccomend Dogfish Head. Great location to stay for a weekend and you can visit the brewpub in rehoboth beach on one day and then do a brewery tour on another day. Both are pretty cool visits and not too far from philly area. Also theres a few smaller breweries in NJ but not as much to do near that area. Good luck!

Back