6 months and no carbonation, please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bferullo

Reaction score
I made this small batch since I can only mash 13 lbs with my setup. It was my first higher gravity beer. The bottles have conditioned at around 70 degrees for almost 6 months now. There is NO carbonation. Any I was thinking of dropping a carb tab in. I know there are some posts regarding this, but I haven't seen any that dealt with higher gravity beer. Here is the recipe.

8 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) 59.5 %
2 lbs Gambrinus Dark Munich Malt - 30L (30.0 S Grain 14.9 %
11.2 oz White Wheat Malt (2.4 SRM) 5.2 %
8.0 oz Brown Malt (65.0 SRM) 3.7 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) 3.7 %
4.0 oz Chocolate Malt (412.0 SRM) 1.9 %
1.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.40 %] - First Wort Hop
1 lbs 8.0 oz Trader Joe's Organic Brown Sugar (8.0 SR Sugar 11.2
2.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.40 %] - Boil 90.0 Hop
0.25 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 mins) Fining - 1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.40 %] - 1.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.40 %] - Boil 0.0 Hop
1.0 pkg Northwest Ale (Wyeast Labs #1332) [125.0 Yeast -

Bottle carbed with 42 grams priming sugar. The batch yield was approx 3 gallons and I was hoping for a 2.2ish carb level.

Can this brew be saved? Flavor profile came out great, but beer is completely flat.

You can try adding a little yeast to the bottles
Adding more sugar after you already primed is asking for bombs if the yeast finally decide to eat

any advice on how to do that without infecting the beer. I have a pack of Safale S04 in the fridge.

rehydrate said yeast in water (or use liquid) in a sanitized container, get a children's medicine dropper with ML gradients like this,

medicine-dropper-310.jpg

Sanitize it, open beer bottle, suck up slurry into sanitized eyedropper, squirt 1 ml of yeast into bottle, then re-cap. Give the bottles a shake, and then walk away for another 2-3 weeks to give that yeast a chance to do the job.

I work as a pharmacist. I think I can I get my hands on some droppers. THANKS!!!!

Added 1 ml of the slurry to each bottle 11/10. We shall see what happens now. Hopefully this does the trick.

I had a Belgian Golden Strong that didn't carb up after 6 months. Finally, after like 2 years, I got some good yeast and got ready to dose the bottles. Popped one open just to heck it and it was carbed...

So I put the yeast in a flask to build up for freezing (I had opened it up ahead of time).

Later, I found another bottle that was NOT carbed. Flat and sweet.... Oh joy...

Back