bottle capper?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrbetz

Reaction score
So I want to do upgrade to a bench bottle capper. What do you guys recommend? And where do I find it?!

I have the "professional" one from William's Brewing, and I love it. Mine is not the same one shown on the site right now, it's an older version that is yellow. The new one looks just as tough though, and I highly recommend it. Just make sure to screw it down. It takes some force, but caps very consistently.

+1 to screwing it down. Did my first batch of bottles, last night, and it was tricky/messy holding down the capper with my feet while I was bottling.

I have a colonna capper and I love it. I really don['t have much to compare it to, the only other capper that I've used is a wing capper, but I've never had a problem capping and corking with the colonna.

+1 for the colonna capper corker. It took me all of 2 bottles to get used to the motion and feel, and my previous experience is with a wing capper. The looks are not all that stylish though. The wife calls it the quantum leap machine...

I have the "professional" one from William's Brewing, and I love it. Mine is not the same one shown on the site right now, it's an older version that is yellow. The new one looks just as tough though, and I highly recommend it. Just make sure to screw it down. It takes some force, but caps very consistently.

kind of expensive for a boat anchor

Back