Second Brew Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techbiker

Reaction score
Hey,

My first batch was 5 gallons of Brewer's Best American Pale Ale that I brewed about 2 weeks ago. After reading your advice, I'm planning to leave it in the primary for another week before bottling. I'm not sure about what the ale will taste like, however I am looking forward to trying it out soon (by soon I mean 4 weeks lol).

This kit was basically an extract kit with steeping grains. After my (limited) research, I think that I could step up to a partial mash, however I don't have another kettle lying around. While I could probably get an additional kettle, I definitely don't have the ability to lager at 55-60 degrees so this rules out many types of beer. :(

Regardless, I was wondering if you have any recipe recommendations for a second or third batch? I'm looking for a beer that won't have an overly bitter aftertaste (ie not an ipa lol). I don't mind any flavor (smoky or sweet is ok), as long as the aftertaste isn't too strong. Also, I'm hoping to brew something that could contrast with the American pale ale. I'd like to diversify my supply.

Finally, I'm always on the lookout for different, drinkable beer. If you are willing to share a different but enjoyable recipe, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tech. Have you found the recipe section here at HBT? From the main page, scroll down and its about half way down, organized by beer type so you can search for what you like.

I would consider doing another kit, there's nothing wrong with kits. As for style, stouts are good for new brewers, they are flavorful and interesting.

Back