2L Growler Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
Just wanted to brag I picked up 3 free 2 litre flip top growlers from my buddy. I may go to fill one up, but I'll likely bulk age/carbonate some apfelwein them.

GLR2L.jpg

One did have quite a healthy growth of white fuzzy mold, I dumped in almost a tablespoon of iodine and maybe 1/2 a cup of water. Nice and concentrated I know, think that'll do it to kill off the mold? I plan on hitting them oxyclean and using more iodophor, that should do it.

Should have used oxyclean first, no use sanitizing stuff that is stuck to the sides of the bottle. Always get a clean surface, and then sanitize after that.

And.. bromance? interesting choice for a brewery name you got there...

Just wanted to kill the mold before I get it all out. I only did that to the one bottle. Just need to look up how much oxyclean per bottle now.

As for the name... my brew partner and I are said to have a bromance by our wives, so we ran with it ;)

Latest posts

Back