I love the smell of Pac Man in the morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My go to yeast has been 1056 (chico strain) but I've been contemplating running through my favorite recipes with Pac Man.

What are your favorite styles to brew with this yeast? Recipes?

Anything you would stay away from or is it pretty much a good go to?

WLP001/1056 has been my goto yeast as well. I was trying to harvest the Pac Man from a bottle of Dead Guy until I found out that AHS carries it. The date is February 2011....nice and fresh.

I just brewed a big RIS yesterday and put it into a fermentor on a fresh yeast cake of WLP004 and a 1.5L Pac Man starter. I plan on using another fresh package of Pac Man in an American Amber tomorow which will be a propagation batch for a big Barleywine. That way, I'll have a fresh yeast cake of Pac Man plus I've got about a cup of WLP001 slurry sitting in my refridgerator that I'll probably add...not to mention that I'll have a nice amber to keg.

When I make my big beers....I try to use a fresh yeast cake and extra slurry; plenty of O2, and a steady fermentation temperature. I don't scrimp on my fermentables. Both the RIS and the Barley wine use about 21 lbs of grain
with 18 to 20 lbs of Crisp Maris Otter as the base malt.

Sudbuster...I'm just feeling old after a partigyle yesterday. BTW - I looked at your gallery - awesome set up !

To heck with Disney World ... I want to go to your place and brew beer !

Back