Best weld on triclover fitting for keggle's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stockwes

Reaction score
I an in the early stages of converting my brewery to triclover fittings. The first step i want to take is putting clover fittings on my kettles.

Right now they are drilled for the standard weld less fitting and have a 12" opening on the top.

I want to make them 1.5 inch tri clover on the outside and something like 1/2" mpt on the inside so i can still install dip tubes and such.

I was thinking something like http://stpats.com/newphotos/TCxMPT.jpg would work great. I know a guy that builds race cars and dairy's and he said he do the welding for me. does this seem like a good option?

Ummm why would you weld the tri-clovers to the keg? What you want to do is weld the 1/2" Bulkhead to the kegs, Install a valve, then thread the tri-clovers on to that. then on the inside you can still thread whatever dip tubes/ thermometers to it.

If you are wanting threads on the inside, I would suggest just welding the Bulkhead in place.

The only reason I would weld the Tri-Clovers directly to the kettle is to get rid of threads all together.

Ok, so you guys think i should go with a simple 1/2' coupler?

If i go that route, is there any special things i need for the coupler? Such as 304 vs. 316 stainless? Also, do you weld the inside or the outside? Thanks for the help

Check out the posts that Lehr and Green Monti have contributed to on welding. I have been in the business for over 20 yrs and take it from me both of these guys are Master Fabricators.

I have 316 on mine...If you weld it flesh or half inside, theres no difference except cosmetic reasons. Either will work but look around and see what you prefer.

Back