A Good Bitter for Texas heat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgeek1202

Reaction score
I have two batches under my belt (Coopers Lager and steaped grain IPA). I was thinking about making a stout but realized a stout after yard work sounded about as good as a glass of water drank from my dirty sneakers.

Does anyone have a nice light(ish) ale recipe they would like to share. I don't have the right conditions for a lager and to be truthful I prefer ales anyway. Extract with grains is as far as my equipment will alow me to go, so no AG please.

While we are on the subject a stout recipe would be nice too. I will make the light ale first and then make the stout and put it up for a couple of months until things cool off around here.

Thanks

McGeek:drunk:

Maclay's 56 Mild in my list. This is more of a bitter than a mild. You could probably use any light or extra light LME, but the rice in the NW cuts the malt and makes it a good hot weather pour.

I recommend a steam beer, if you're at all interested. it was my last batch (disappeared QUICKLY!), it did need some cooling while fermenting, but nothing a bucket full of water with some ice/frozen water bottles can't accomplish.... light and crisp, due to lager yeast, but unique flavor from the ale temps. I'm also gonna plug the dry-hopping of this one. yass!

Back