CO2 charger?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
So my wife thought it would be a nice suprise to swing by my LHBS and pick up something like when a girl gets flowers fro her man. Having gotten a bunch of stuff for christmas to start keging she got me this co2 charger, but I honestly have no idea how to use it. What's it for? I can't hook it to my kegerator and if I hook it to my gas in I have no idea the pressure I'm adding. Help.

co2 charger -- like one of those mini ones that uses a paintball gun canister? those are good for taking your keg on the road (like to a party) and being able to dispense it with co2 instead of some sort of manual pump.

I see, so then how do you control serving pressure? Does it just empty the entire little16g cartridge or do you just squeeze itso you have enough pressure for despensing?

Yeah, no way to control it, but dont empty it all in there. You'll be able to dispense a whole keg with 1 or 2 of those. You'll want to start with just a gentle pull or 2. Then try. I would suggest getting a picnic tap line setup and insert one of those epoxy mixers in the beer line. This reduces pressure and helps control foam. It works great for me.

Just remember to follow instructions that came with the charger, NEVER pull the trigger if its not connected to a sealed keg. There is a lot of pressure on that cartridge and could break the charge or quick disconnect if not connected to the keg. Good luck.

co2 charger -- like one of those mini ones that uses a paintball gun canister? those are good for taking your keg on the road (like to a party) and being able to dispense it with co2 instead of some sort of manual pump.

I bought this and also the dispenser tap setup.

Just makes it easier to take on the road.

i just used the one for my bike, and built an adapter. that was before I got the tanks.

I'm planning on getting one and using it for cleaning the kegs up in the bathtub, away from my main tank. I figure it will be good for pushing the oxyclean and sanitizer through the tubes. I have no idea if this is a good idea or not. we'll see when I get it!

Mine is used for "kegs on the road" mostly, but saved my life (well, beer wise) when I ran out of co2 in my tank! I was out of co2, the beer was in the keg, and no way to push it out. Aha! The keg charger! Worked great, and now I keep one with my kegerator supplies. Very handy to have.

Just be really careful about blipping the trigger when the keg is full. You can over-pressurize in seconds. And never leave it connected at a party, for the same reason.

Back