Busted High Pressure Gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xinunix

Reaction score
My SWMBO accidentally knocked over my CO2 tank with the regulator attached tonight and it busted the high pressure gauge. I have this Taprite regulator. The high pressure gauge took the hit and it dented the end of the gauge, crumpled the panel that shows the pressure a bit and the needle is stuck. I hooked it up and the regulator appears to work fine, no leaks that I can detect so far. Question is, do I need to replace this thing or will I be ok (other than the fact that I can't get a reading from that gauge)? Both low pressure regulators appear to be fine and after hooking up to a couple of kegs and bleeding pressure they both returned to the set pressure and stayed. Hoping I can get by without having to buy anything else, thoughts?

My SWMBO accidentally knocked over my CO2 tank with the regulator attached tonight and it busted the high pressure gauge. I have this Taprite regulator. The high pressure gauge took the hit and it dented the end of the gauge, crumpled the panel that shows the pressure a bit and the needle is stuck. I hooked it up and the regulator appears to work fine, no leaks that I can detect so far. Question is, do I need to replace this thing or will I be ok (other than the fact that I can't get a reading from that gauge)? Both low pressure regulators appear to be fine and after hooking up to a couple of kegs and bleeding pressure they both returned to the set pressure and stayed. Hoping I can get by without having to buy anything else, thoughts?

As long as it isn't leaking you are fine. My H pressure gauge is broke as well it really doesn't tell you any thing any way

Sometimes the HP gauge will warn you of running out. You just have to be lucky enough to catch the short warning. If it were mine I'd buy a plug for that opening and remove the broken gauge, should be pretty cheap.

+1
Plug it. Or replace it. Or leave it - If it's not leaking. There is a coil inside the gauge that the CO2 "inflates" causing it to bend and move the needle. If that was damaged it will leak. If not, you're good.

The high pressure gauge is a 99.9% useless appendage on a CO2 regulator anyway!

Latest posts

Back