My hop beds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dale1038

Reaction score
Planted yesterday! Hope they get enough sun. Cheers!

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Looks good so far. got a trellis planned?

Yes, I'll be using eye hooks in the large tree and make an adjustable style trellis. The raised beds should provide some nice support to tie off the ends. Or at least that's the plan.:drunk:

Looking good. Are those standard pine boards? The beds look roughly 4x4 should be plenty of space and then some. Keep us posted :)

Looking good. Are those standard pine boards? The beds look roughly 4x4 should be plenty of space and then some. Keep us posted :)

Yes, 4x4 of standard pine. My buddy made these for a small fee. All organic fertilizers so I guess these would be certified organic. I'll update with some pics once they get going.

Very nice work Dale!
I just built a 24 x 72 x 17" tall planter last night. Mine has three 2x2 boxes with dividers, but they are VERY similar with the 4x4 posts in the corners.
What were the shims for?

Very nice work Dale!
I just built a 24 x 72 x 17" tall planter last night. Mine has three 2x2 boxes with dividers, but they are VERY similar with the 4x4 posts in the corners.
What were the shims for?

The boxes are actually "floating" in a sense. The corner posts are not in the ground at all. The shims hold the box in place. This is so the boxes can be moved fairly easily if you ever want to.

Right on! I just moved mine into place last night and it will be very similar but I think I'm just going to sink it into the ground a few inches to stabilize it. Mine weighs over 100lbs, so it won't go too far. Keep us posted on the progress!

Back