High Flocuaton WLP007 and bottling Carbination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KilhavenBrew

Reaction score
I usually use Wyeast Medium to low flocculation strains of yeast. When using this lower floc yeast, I get good carbonation using my formula on how much Priming sugar to use. I do not want to introduce another strain of yeast into my beer on bottling and never have had to.

If a yeast is highly flocculation like the one I used first time called Dry English Ale yeast WLP007, am I gonna have trouble getting carbonation?

Any experience with this and bottling? I am worried that if the beer is too clear, there will be no required yeast to carbonate the beer.

Do I use more priming sugars? What should I do. It is an Irish Dry stout with O gravity at 1.058 and a Final gravity of 1.017 so I got good Attenuation. But stout or no stout, I like good carbonation. All Extract beer process too. I still need to learn to mini mash one day.

007 is a great yeast. You'll be fine with your normal bottling procedure like Revvy said.

Next time you do an IPA or a Pale Ale try the WLP007 on it (at about 65F), you'll love the way the finished product tastes and looks!!

Latest posts

Back