What do you plan to drink new years?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
Anyone know what there drinking yet on friday, new years eve?

Black IPA & British Bitter.

Bringing my coolerator filled with 5 gallons of homebrew to the party.

Likely we'll be drinking a selection of what's on tap:

1: Douglas-O'Rourkes Quaffable Irish Red
2: Crooked Tree Clone
3: Vanilla Porter
4: English Brown Ale

Cheers and Happy New Year to all at HBT!

no homebrew, but I think there are a few bottles of delirium in the fridge! tasty for sure.

I have a bottle of Sam Adams Infinium waiting to be cracked open.

+1, me too.

Im gonna hit the liquor store tomorrow and try to grab a few belgians.

Oh, and of course homebrew! Blonde Ale, American Amber, Glacier/Cascade APA, and all Centennial IPA on tap right now.

Bringing a couple 1.75L bottles of apfelwein to the woman's parents house for a new years/mother's birthday combo. I've been thinking about bringing a keg down, but maybe I will the weekend after for her sister-in-laws baby shower, where guys are required to go, so maybe the keg will make things interesting.

On tap:
Amarillo IPA
"German Shepard" Lager
"Hop Dawgs" Oatmeal Stout
"Whippet" Wheat Ale

Bottled:
Raspberry Wheat Ale
Blackberry Stout

Cold Conditioning:
Bitburger Pilsner
Mmmmild Pale Ale

In Carboys:
"Irish Setter" Red Ale
Post Horn Coach House Ale
Cascadian Dark
:ban:

I got a Honey Stout bottled about 4 weeks ago, IPA bottled about 3 weeks ago, Brown Ale Kegged 2 weeks ago and Blonde kegged 1 week ago lined up for go numb fest 2k11.

Hosting friends at our home this year, which will allow me the first chance to serve my homebrew to a modest sized party. I have a Pale, IPA, Belgian Ale and Milk Stout kegged and ready to go. Should have planned better as the Pale and Stout are a little young, but they taste decent. The other two are at their peak. Should go well with the bushel of oysters, wings and chili.

On tap I have BM's Centennial Blonde and Horner Helles. I have a about a 6 left of Apfelwein, some Hofbrau dunkel, Augustiner and Weinstephaner in the fridge.

I'll probably limit myself to a beer or two at my brother's. I'll probably pickup a sixer of 2 Hearted or Bells Best Brown. Then a bottle Golden Draak to ring in the new year. Keeping it tame this year. Sort of on call.

I have a feeling my Cream Ale and Red Ale might be getting hit pretty hard on NYE.

Still waiting on my holiday ale to mature.

Well if I weren't working that night it would be a bottle of Sam Adams Infinium, which my local store had 8 bottles of and now have none. Since they don't move most of their microbrews fast, I figure they didn't sell them and got rid of them. But I will definitely be finding a bottle for our anniversary.

I'll be watching the crappy TV coverage with the kids so the wife can go out again this year (after breaking a finger and getting banned from a friends house and not remembering how any of it happened 2 years ago, I decided that NYE wasn't the night for me anymore) so I'll likely be drinking the 09 DFH World Wide Stout I've had in the storage fridge for a year. If I can get my CO2 leak issues solved and the tank refilled tomorrow, I'll have some of my chocolate brown that's currently half frozen in my outside fridge too...

Probably fill a few bottles of IPA that I brewed with a friend last time, and some bottles of my Brown Ale, which seems to be about right right now. Maybe a couple of bottles of Stout, and a bottle or two of barleywine from two years ago.

Waiting to try the friend's IPA that he brewed that day too. He's been slow getting the gas, so not sure how carbed it will be, but I'd like a taste anyway.

Wanted to get a bottle of Infinium, but couldn't find it...

My dad brought me out a 12 pack of New Glarus Golden Ale. I'll definitely crack one of those open. I think I'll open one of my Berliner Weisse's as well. I'm sure SWMBO will have a supply of champagne too, we like Gruet Rose, it's not too expensive and damn tasty. I also just bought a bomber of Santa Fe Brewing Co. Kickin Chickin. It's their Chicken Killer Barleywine that has been aged for 6 months in Wild Turkey Barrels.

PBR. TOTAL Pipeline FAIL. Friggen porter is still young, and the Hefe is still bubbling.

I'm new to homebrewing and not having a corny to bust down the door of my friends party to be my worst nubile mistake.

Cracked open my bottle of Sierra30 Black Barleywine last night to decide if I wanted to pick up another bottle for NYE...great beer...going to pick up 2 bottles today, one for NYE the other to cellar.

Someone mentioned the Grand Cru in an earlier post...also a darn good beer.

I made an arrogant bastard clone that we'll just call "bastard cat" from now on, and a Vanilla Porter for my New Years celebration. I also have a 3 month old Apfelwein that I'm going to make some sangria with, and serve separately.

A lot of alcohol.

But in all seriousness (and depending on which bar SWMBO wants to go to), I'll probably be drinking copious amounts of my favorite local microbrew.

Was hoping to be drinking my homebrew RIS, but it's not ready yet.

Has anyone else noticed that an overindulgence in apfelwein causes massive short term memory loss?

I cant seem to remember ever drinking any of it, but I must have with all these empty bottles laying around.

Sierra 30th Grand Cru.

Have fun with the Grand Cru...its a great beer. I highly recommend it.

I will be celebrating with some Surly Smoke, O'Dell Deconstruction, hopefully not the bottle of Goose Island Rare that I just picked up. My pipeline is dwindling quick so I may try and finish off my Double IPA and Porter if I can get some help. That way it will force me to brew again soon!

Happy new year everyone!!! This year marks the 1 year anniversary since I started brewing. Last NYE I picked up Sam G's "Extreme Brewing" book at the bookstore while waiting for a movie to start and I havent looked back. Cant wait to go all grain in 2011 and possibly make the switch to kegging.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out in the past year

Back