Ceramic bottles with swing tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
I was at a store over the weekend that had several beers in ceramic bottles with a flip top. What I found odd was that they actually had a crown cap on them while the swing top was just flopped to the side. Sorry, I didn't get the brand names but they were around $10 per pint.

I'm assuming that since the ceramic is glazed that they hold pressure just fine. I was just a bit confused by why they had crown caps on them.

Has anybody seen these and/or put homebrew into them? I plan to pick up a few next time I'm at that store.

Did they look something like this?
rouge_ceramic.jpg

Well, I did see that one now that I think about it. The ones that are stuck in my head are beige, squattier (is that even a word :cross: ) and I think they were in the Belgium section. There were at least three different kinds.

Here is the store, for those who may live in central Florida.
http://www.downtownproduce.com/

trinitone, I have seven of those very bottles! Unfortunately I got them all empty. Fezzman they should all be glazed on the inside. I can't double check right now, I have some porter carbing in them at the moment.

Back