yet another chill haze question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannypittman

Reaction score
I am trying to get rid of my chill haze. My chest cooler is not ready. In the mean time, I tried kieselol and chitosan. My beer is in secondary and appears to be clearing nicely except I dry hopped and have pieces of hop pellets floating around 6 inches below the surface.
My cooler will be done soon, what is the cooler going to do to the floating hop particles. Do I just need to start filtering. I want my beer to look as good as it tastes.

read up on gelatin. It's easy to use and if you do it post chill haze, it removes it too. I add 1 tsp of gelatin finings (soaked in 4oz water for 1 hour and heated to dissolve) to a 5 gal keg ~48hrs after chilling/on gas. All of my beers (except wheats of course) are crystal clear...

read up on gelatin. It's easy to use and if you do it post chill haze, it removes it too. I add 1 tsp of gelatin finings (soaked in 4oz water for 1 hour and heated to dissolve) to a 5 gal keg ~48hrs after chilling/on gas. All of my beers (except wheats of course) are crystal clear...

+1
I add my gelatin and cold crash to low 30's, 48-72 hours later crystal clear beer goes into the keg.

GT

I used to add it that way, now I cold crash in the keg and add gelatin and gas 48hrs later. Still clear as a bell (except the first beer...). I got lazy I guess...

I used to use secondarys too...now lagars ONLY.

beer is just as good though...just spend less time cleaning :mug:

I used to add it that way, now I cold crash in the keg and add gelatin and gas 48hrs later. Still clear as a bell (except the first beer...). I got lazy I guess...

I used to use secondarys too...now lagars ONLY.

beer is just as good though...just spend less time cleaning :mug:

+1 I'm right there with ya goose!

I don't use gelatin but I do cold crash, for about 5 days at 3C, after ferment. Then I keg. After a few weeks, crystal clear. Generally, my dry hopped beers always have a slight haze which is fine. Lets the buddies know what to expect before they take the first sip.

My beer is cloudy for the first couple weeks after kegging, but after 3-4 weeks its always clear(even heavily dry hoped ipa's) I don't use anything but time. I'm lazy.

Personalized%2016oz.%20Ceramic%20Beer%20Stein.jpg

I feel drinking from something like this does wonders for chill haze.

Back