New Years Eve- Going out? Staying in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJTomatoguy

Reaction score
What's the plan this year?

I don't ever go out on New Years. Too many goofy people on the ride home.
Nice steak, mild brown ale, couple dvd's .

I've got two parties to attend. That means I pull three growlers for each party off the keg of Apfelwein. 6 Growlers of Apfelwein! If I go blind I'll have SWMBO type for me tomorrow. :rockin:

I can believe I'm the only one going out! I'm gonna have to party for all of you married, kid having, responsible type peoples! The liver donor list isn't that long is it?

Staying in. After work we'll go get some pho and then head home, watch a few episodes of x-files, have a few homebrews and be asleep by 9.

Staying in, a couple movies, some snacks, and a few beers..............thats about it.

Staying in. I have two kids going out tonight so I have to make sure they survive. One is 18 and very responsible so I think he'll be okay. The other is 16 and is going to her friend's place down the road. Parents are home but I want to make sure she behaves. She has to check in with me at 12:30 for a 'sobriety check'. The youngest(15) and I will spend an evening together.

Gonna watch the Canada - US World Junior game at 6:00 Central time. It should be a good match.

We're having the best kind of party. Just the usual drunken neighbors right across the street.

I packed up a 12-r of HB, a bomber of Sierra Nevada Fresh Harvest, a Bomber of Commercial Scottish Ale, a bomber of Samuel Smiths Nut Brown and some assorted 12 ouncers of various commercials...

And if I run out...I just walk home and refill. :ban:

I am going to a friends house. I have a case of various hb's and a bottle of knob creek that I am taking with me. He has this party every year and is always a great time.:rockin:

Best part is SWMBO doesn't feel great and isn't planning on drinking. Have to love knowing you don't have to call a cab at the end of the night.

I just found a Cusano Paired Maduro in the botton of my humidor- Hot Damn! I have not bought one of these in at least a year!!!!

So now it's Steak. Mild Brown. And a GOOD cigar.:ban:

We're having the best kind of party. Just the usual drunken neighbors right across the street.

I packed up a 12-r of HB, a bomber of Sierra Nevada Fresh Harvest, a Bomber of Commercial Scottish Ale, a bomber of Samuel Smiths Nut Brown and some assorted 12 ouncers of various commercials...

And if I run out...I just walk home and refill. :ban:

Those are the best nights. Wish I had cool neighbors.

Heading to a buddy's party not too far from home. Supposedly a mellow get together, but I know better than to believe that!

Visiting the SWMBO in San Diego, we're going to go out to dinner, then just hanging out at home after, nice and relaxing.

It's 9:30 and my wife is already in bed. The youngest is munching popcorn and watching television. He'll probably be tucked in my 10:30-11:00. The oldest is out with friends and won't be home before midnight. I'll stay up to make sure she comes home alive.

We did toast the Leap Second added to the clock this year. At 6:59:59 ET (12:59:59 UT) (and, yes, we have a clock that syncs to the atomic clock in Boulder) we all toasted at the dinner table and leaped in our seats so we landed one second into the future. Thus the geekery is passed on.

Chad

well... I got home from work and HWMBO was asleep. Poor guy is sick. I guess we're not having pho or watching x-files. I have a headache so I'll probably sit on HBT for a while and then go to sleep myself. Awesome.

Bought a bunch of good commercial stuff, going to eat some pasta, drink a few good beers and watch some Battlestar Galactica. Whooo
P1000622.jpg

Guy at Pike Street Beer and Wine threw the glass in for free!

I just got home....I walked Brewstir through his first AG while brewing a batch of Centennial Blond for myself... It was a great day with him and his son, brewing. smoking cigars and sampling each other's homebrew...It was nice and toasty in his gargae with a double boil going...but once we started chilling the garage lost heat rapidly....buckets of sanitizer started forming ice crystals...

I'm tired, I'm sore (my back felt an 8 hour day on a concrete slab) and I'm chilled to the bone...So I am home, and waaay too tired to go out. I wonder if I'll even make it til the fireworks @ midnight.

But I have a choice supply of beers Chriso sent me, including an oak aged IPA and a bottle of DOuble Dead Guy.

Brewing with a buddy on the last day of the year...(Outside of having a lady to kiss at midnight) what could be better.

:mug:

Sampled some Left Hand and Avery at Old Chicago for dinner with Family. I'll be in bed by 10p local. I like that. Don't want to be out with party croud now.

Hope you all enjoy your New Year!

+100 for staying in. Went out for Mexican food with the wife and the youngest daughter, stopped and picked up Call of Duty for Wii, watched Eagle Eye on Blue Ray, played some Call of Duty (which is totally badass, btw), now I'm chilling with my usual Wednesday routine of drinking beer and playing online poker.

6'er of Thirsty Dog Hoppus Maximus, a 4 pasck of Ommegang Hennepin, a couple Commodore Perry's, my Black Pale Ale and Wheat APA on top and a nice Geuze to have at midnight.

I just got home....I walked Brewstir through his first AG while brewing a batch of Centennial Blond for myself... It was a great day with him and his son, brewing. smoking cigars and sampling each other's homebrew...It was nice and toasty in his gargae with a double boil going...but once we started chilling the garage lost heat rapidly....buckets of sanitizer started forming ice crystals...

I'm tired, I'm sore (my back felt an 8 hour day on a concrete slab) and I'm chilled to the bone...So I am home, and waaay too tired to go out. I wonder if I'll even make it til the fireworks @ midnight.

But I have a choice supply of beers Chriso sent me, including an oak aged IPA and a bottle of DOuble Dead Guy.

Sounds like a hell of a day, Revvy!

Brewing with a buddy on the last day of the year...(Outside of having a lady to kiss at midnight) what could be better.

:mug:

Ooooooooooo! I know! Waking your wife up for some nookie at 11:50 so you can bring the new year in with a 'bang', which I'm proud to say that I'll be doing in an hour or so :D

Visiting the SWMBO in San Diego, we're going to go out to dinner, then just hanging out at home after, nice and relaxing.

Be sure and give Jen a kiss from my wife and me. Happy New Years to the two of you. Have fun in San Diego.

Chad

Staying in...I have two great beers on tap. Just ordered Chinese and Italian food. It's all good.

Happy New Year everybody!!!!

Stayed home waiting for the wife. I've got bottles of the following that I'm drinking from, leading up to when I just switch to tap beers of either homebrew or Lakefront's Stein.

Rogue Santa's Private Reserve
Two Brothers Hop Juice (22oz)
Central Waters Y2k Barley Wine
Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Porter
Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine

Once she gets home (2:30am) we'll enjoy a bottle of champagne, a quiet evening, and then get to sleep. Around 8:30, preparations for the real New Years celebration, the Winter Classic game begin, where much beer will be drank amongst good friends and an abundance of food.

Wish you all a great New Years, and another great year of brewing to come. Wouldn't be brewing if it wasn't for such a great community like this.

Back