Founders Double Trouble Clone query

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toodles808

Reaction score
Hey all,

So this is my first post... Ive been a lurker member for a while... I still consider myself a beginer In the ways of brewing , I havent been able to provide alot of advice, but I have learned a ton from these forums... Thanks to all you homebrew talkers out there!

I wanted to know if anyone has tried to do a recipe for founders double trouble... This is by far my favorite beer of all time, but as you probably know it is going out of season in may and founders doesnt start production back up until january (according to there availabilty cal). I LOVE this beer, dream of this beer, and have often gone to sleep with a empty bottle on my bed stand (lol)... I dread the day I run out of my double trouble hoard, and I am hell bent on trying to clone it, or at least go down swinging:rockin:...

I have writen the folks at founders to try and get any suggestions for a Homebrew recipe but with no success.

I found this hopville recipe: http://hopville.com/recipe/1176881/imperial-ipa-recipes/double-trouble, But the brewer states he started with the intent of a double trouble clone, but heavily modified the recipe...

Anyone care to share a recipe or input out there ?

Thx in advance,:mug:

Back