Sad news made worse by the snow in DC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
Yesterday I tranferred a chocolate porter into a corny keg for carbonation and consumption. After I purged it and put it on 30lbs of gas, my tank was just starting to hit the red. I went back later and it was well into the red but the 30lbs was holding. So I looked at it today and the tank is gone. There is maybe 8lbs in the corny.

We have 30 plus inches of snow here in Damascus, MD so everything is closed. There will be no way to get more CO2 until next week - MAYBE - since we are supposed to get hit again on Tuesday.

So now I am forced to drink store-bought. Which I only have because I had some leftover from a party. So it will be Sam Adams all weekend.

Hey, I'm down in Gaithersburg. Our roads are starting to look ok as of tonight. Not sure how many inches we got here, but I used to live in CT, and this is the most snow I've ever seen in my life.

Maybe it's not a lost cause. I bet the MD Fire Equipment store is open on Monday (in Rockville).

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes... Thankfully I have about 8 cases of homebrew bottled in my brew closet so I'm set for the evening. Just be thankful you have SOMETHING to drink, better to have the SA as leftovers than some Bud Light w/ Lime... We definitely didn't get 30 inches down this way but I'd say we have at least 20-24. It's hard to tell. Thankfully we live off a main road so they're looking pretty decent. I have an 11 am flight out of BWI tomorrow, not sure how that is going to turn out.

I have about 8 cases of homebrew bottled in my brew closet so I'm set for the evening.

These are wise words from a wise man, kids. That's why you need to bottle at least some of your brews, even if you're keggin'.
1236323032435.gif

I keep a 20oz paintball tank full as backup in case my tank goes empty. I also paintball, so it s dual purpose.

Where the hell is all of our snow? I want classes to be cancelled so I can enjoy some beer throughout the week, store-bought or otherwise...

In light of these hard times, we will forgive you if you drink under-carbonated homebrew until the emergency passes.

Latest posts

Back