1st batch bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impur

Reaction score
Well i finished up my first batch of brew saturday. Everything went to plan on this batch and I had a blast doing it! I'm definitely looking forward to my next brew day.

I soaked my bottles in water/bleach for a few days to get the labels off and kill off anything inside. Then used a bottle brush to scrub inside. After that they went into the dishwasher on high for a full cycle, then a shot of starsan with my vinator before the beer went in.

We did 11 22oz bottles and 30 12oz bottles.

I've learned so much here!! Next batch will be my first AG batch, this one was a partial mash.

I snapped lots of pics :)

:mug:

DSCN3463.jpg

Sure looks close! Fresh outa the store bought bottle on left, mine on the right. Tastes really really close too.

DSCN3468.jpg

DSCN3461.jpg

DSCN3475.jpg

DSCN3471.jpg

I got a FG of 1.019. I did not take a OG reading so i don't know if i can calculate the alcohol content?

sweet, thanks for sharing the pics... Unrelated question.... I have the same fermenter bucket as you but my spout on the bottom is totally different then yours... yours looks to be a little more beefy and nice.. Where abouts did you get that add on item? Even the inside of the bucket looks different and more durable.. all I have is the plastic nut the screws on.. leaked at first but now it seems to hold up ok. Possibly will pick up what yours has if its available.

sweet, thanks for sharing the pics... Unrelated question.... I have the same fermenter bucket as you but my spout on the bottom is totally different then yours... yours looks to be a little more beefy and nice.. Where abouts did you get that add on item? Even the inside of the bucket looks different and more durable.. all I have is the plastic nut the screws on.. leaked at first but now it seems to hold up ok. Possibly will pick up what yours has if its available.

I had the same problem with my bottling bucket. His looks nicer.

I got my kit thru midwestsupplies.com, it came with that spout. I installed a PVC elbow on the inside so i could get all but an ounce or so of the wort without having to tip the whole thing.

Congrats! Now quick--get brewing on the next batch and keep the pipeline going! :mug:

I'm on it!! :rockin: Brewing a Kona Fire Rock Ale clone this weekend! :ban:

Back