You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my favorite shampoo. Ain´t even kidding. My hair loves it. Germany does some things right.
GUHL101_2__70297.1385738395.1280.1280.jpg

Now I just need to get around to making some oil for my beard and infusing it with hops. Simcoe should do nicely.

A small one but...

You own the specialized water heater element wrench...and in 40+ years never owned an electric water heater.

When the 3 kegs you own are full, your fermenters are full and you have 2 more batches on deck waiting to brew even thought you have no where to ferment it or store it.
I think I need a beer!

When you start bringing home scrap pieces from your construction job for a DIY build.

When you start bringing home scrap pieces from your construction job for a DIY build.

This applies more to my racecar than brewing but...

When you start cruising moving and garage sales for used bed frames because they are the cheap form of decent angle iron for a brew stand.

When the 3 kegs you own are full, your fermenters are full and you have 2 more batches on deck waiting to brew even thought you have no where to ferment it or store it.
I think I need a beer!

Exactly my situation right now. All my bottles will be full after bottling the next two brews in the fermenters right now. Bought another fermenter so I can make the 3 brews I got ingredients sitting here for. Time to empty some bottles, need to put it somewhere. :mug:

This applies more to my racecar than brewing but...

When you start cruising moving and garage sales for used bed frames because they are the cheap form of decent angle iron for a brew stand.

You have pieces of car laying around on a construction site?

Exactly my situation right now. All my bottles will be full after bottling the next two brews in the fermenters right now. Bought another fermenter so I can make the 3 brews I got ingredients sitting here for. Time to empty some bottles, need to put it somewhere. :mug:

I got a place you can put them.

I believe the quote from woopig had referenced binging home stuff from a construction site and you posted it applied more to your race car which is where I believe he was questioning finding auto parts at a construction site.

Now I follow...that was not my intent in the post but oddly it fits. Yes, we dress our race car with sonotubes, 2" x 8", OSB, black gas pipe, etc.

The bed frames have twice been scavenged from "demo" sites where they were gutting house for remodel hence the connection at least in my head with construction sites even though i only mention garage sales and whatnot.

You're trying to juggle reading stories to the kids at bedtime with circulating some warm PBW solution through your plate chiller and grinding grain in preparation for Friday brewing.

Me: Did FedEx come today?
Wife: For what?
Me: Hops that I ordered for a beer.
Wife: I thought you ordered 3 beers and didn't have enough bottles for them. You ordered more? rolls eyes.

She still hasn't noticed that new fermenter that I filled today. Ordered the ingredients to get over the free shipping minimum. :p

Me: Did FedEx come today?

Wife: For what?

Me: Hops that I ordered for a beer.

Wife: I thought you ordered 3 beers and didn't have enough bottles for them. You ordered more? rolls eyes.

She still hasn't noticed that new fermenter that I filled today. Ordered the ingredients to get over the free shipping minimum. :p

This is awesome!!!

You're watching 'Game Of Thrones', sipping a brew, and suddenly have the completely random thought pop into your head......"I wonder what sort of efficiency you could get from a gravity fed 3 tier brew sculpture direct fired by a couple of dragons?" :D

Game Of Throne Dragon.jpg

You're watching 'Game Of Thrones', sipping a brew, and suddenly have the completely random thought pop into your head......"I wonder what sort of efficiency you could get from a gravity fed 3 tier brew sculpture direct fired by a couple of dragons?" :D

Dragons have barely anything to do with it so long as you have at least enough heat. Efficiency would mostly depend on your grain crush from hodor. Or on the water content from wherever in westeros you are. Duh

Obviously not a homebrewer or GOT fan. Reported

You know you are a homebrewer when you cruise the trash can aisle at the big box store looking for "wheelie bins" to go on sale so you can make the best rolling jockey box ever.

When your making hard boiled eggs, and you put the pot in the sink and run cold water onto the eggs and tell SWMBO your cold crashing ... :rockin:

Geez, you must start before sun-up...or your family loves to sleep in and you're brewing extract haha. My brew day takes at least 5 hours, including cleanup, usually 6.

Geez, you must start before sun-up...or your family loves to sleep in and you're brewing extract haha. My brew day takes at least 5 hours, including cleanup, usually 6.

I often rock out a BiaB 9 gallon batch before quiet hours are up at 8 AM:

Set timers on eKeggle to kick on at 5 AM
Grind grain the night before
mash in at 5:30
45 minute mash
Boil begins at 6:30
45 minute boil
chill and drain to fermentor
Clean up is 15 minutes

When you pull into the LHBS to grab a pack of yeast and your otherwise totally uninterested wife surprises you by saying, "I'll go in with you." You look at her in disbelief and say, "Really?" Not only that, when you're inside, she points to a Belgian Tripel Extract Kit and says, "I think you should get that one." You feign a considerate hesitation based (very) loosely upon the premise you don't brew kits anymore, saying, "Do you really think I should?" while your mind is picturing 52 bottles of 9%ABV liquid refreshment. So, *reluctantly* you purchase it simply to affirm her excellent choice. And you both --- for totally different reasons --- walk out smiling.

My wife did that once during tax season. When she could still drink, she picked out a kit she thought she'd like, & I guided her in brewing it. She liked it so much, she brewed it twice! :ban:

You describe the mouthfeel of certain toothpastes and which one is preferred ...
When you analyze the mouthfeel on anything really...I do it a lot with coffee and tea, adjust water chemistry accordingly too. Becoming rather annoying to some folk on that with soups. Even tap water.

You know you're a home brewer when you run out of propane right before hot break and have to call a cab to get your tank exchanged.

Back