What do you do for a living?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full time graduate student (bioengineering).

To pay for that (and the bills), I am a teaching assistant.

I wire large amounts of money to Taiwan and send checks to a web developer in Portland. Don't know exactly why, but they keep sending bills.

The rest of the time, I'm retired.

[Two months to golive]

Semiconductor industry. I install and fix $30M machines in a fab(ricator).

This kind of stuff, only without the music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Commercial electrician. Our company wires a lot of schools, prisons, Wal-Marts, Home Depots, Menards, Lowes, etc. Currently we are doing quite a bit of work at one of Wisconsin's larger universities.

Electronics Technologist. I work for the provincial power utility installing, repairing and maintaining control and communications systems. I fix the computers that control the generating stations, the fibre optic and microwave systems, high speed data communications, and pretty much anything else with a transistor or microchip in it. Cushy job.

I sit around and surf HBT all day at my job. Since I work as a civilian for the gov't, you guys need to keep paying those taxes, cause I need a raise.

I am a civil engineer for a heavy civil marine construction company(bridges and dams). Right now I'm in New Orleans rebuilding one of the big bridges that got destroyed during Katrina.

I am a Fire Marshal, so I protect people from their own, and others, inattention to detail.

It is I that ensures there is no more than 3/8" variation in riser height in public stairs. :D

I am a Submarine Sonar Technician in the US Navy. Think Jonesy from the Hunt for Red October, only no where near as exciting in real life. When I am out to sea I spend the majority of my time staring at screens looking for stuff. Inport I am a paper pusher.

When I transfer to shore duty in July, I'll be an instructor teaching others how to do the job and hone their skills.

LS_Grimmy said:
I'm in the Canadian Navy... and yes we have a navy :)

I worked with some of your guys and gals on my last shore duty in Whidbey Is, WA. Your navy has alot of good policies and practices that I'd like to see ours use.

Senior Analyst - Systems Engineer at Bank of America. Basically I wait for servers and mainframes to break and then fix it or find someone who can fix it.

Financial Analyst - Take mountains of otherwise useless numbers and performance metrics, convert them into pretty charts and graphs and make presentations so the honchos up in Stamford can decide where we went right and where we went wrong.

Oh, and apparently, I'm and EAC in my spare time..... :D

McKBrew said:
I am a Submarine Sonar Technician in the US Navy. Think Jonesy from the Hunt for Red October, only no where near as exciting in real life. When I am out to sea I spend the majority of my time staring at screens looking for stuff. Inport I am a paper pusher.

When I transfer to shore duty in July, I'll be an instructor teaching others how to do the job and hone their skills.

I worked with some of your guys and gals on my last shore duty in Whidbey Is, WA. Your navy has alot of good policies and practices that I'd like to see ours use.

Ya I really like some of those extra things we keep but most importantly they seem to value our members a little more...

I'm actually a Sonar Operator and that's one of my postings... I know a few of the guys working in Whidbey right now actually... LS Nelson & LS Mckenzie were guys that I knew from my last ship. We would more than likely work side by side searching the arrays :). Well have a good one... have fun with analysis ;)

Marc Tremblay

I am a buyer by trade but currently unemployed. If anyone is looking . . .

I'm putting this down as a job search for my UI claim.

McKBrew said:

Way better book than Red October is "To Kill the Potemkin" -- all about the sonar guy, if you haven't read it. Sorry, :off: but thought you might want to check it out.

I guess I should chime in with my vocation now, too. I am a field manager for a major equipment company, cover a 2 state geography. I'm not in sales, but handle the customer support/product support side of things. I get to train folks, help repair stuff, diffuse tense situations (ticked off customers), etc. I get to play with really big big-boy-toys! I am lucky to have a really cool job, although it's easy to become overworked.

I'm one o' them Arch-i-tex's. Mixed bag, some commercial, some medical office, a lot of animal shelters and plenty mixed-use condominiums.

This is my current baby.

I also work part-time at a great wine/beer shop.
bis.gif

I'm a Firefighter/Emt/Driver Engineer. Which all boils down to being just a **** eating rescue driver. Work 24 on and have 48 off. First day is used to catch up on lost sleep and second to get ready for work the next day. Been doing this job for 18 yrs. and it's not getting any better. Too many people are abusing 911. Don't get me wrong I still like my job. It just gripes me running a call at 3 am for leg pain and such.

Sorry, just needed to vent. All is well!

Self employed machinist working out of my garage. With the kids both out of the house and my wife getting benefits working for the Post Office, this was the best job move I ever made. And it’s great having my next brew close by.

I do tech support and a number of other odd jobs for a software company that specializes in routing delivery vehicles.

Chances are, if anyone here works for an Anheuser Busch distribution center...you use our software. We're pretty big in the beer dist biz.

Freelance Gynocologist, working with unwed mothers..............just kidding (old Steve Martin bit). Nursing in Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) at a Level 1 Trauma Hospital.:tank:

Network Engineer for a medical company in WI.

Underwater basket weaver by trade.

Oh!.........Man I forgot what I do again! Dam, I hate it when that happens!

JK. ER nurse. Never would have guessed that , huh?

Back