You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you look at your SmartPhone and wonder why its says AG with 4little bars next to it on the top right corner.

mhot55 said:
You make "X" gallons of a beer style you've never had/ not sure you like, just for sh*ts & giggles

I had to brew a Saison cuz I really wanted to try one but all the bottles at the store were $11 each! Forget that ****....

I had to brew a Saison cuz I really wanted to try one but all the bottles at the store were $11 each! Forget that ****....

Then I harvested the yeast and brewed a second batch, before ever trying the first, just in case I liked it.

Besides, yeast is too expensive to waste on just one batch.... :mug:

Schmoogdaddy said:
Your wife starts making banana bread, but can't find the vanilla extract, because you tossed it in your oatmeal stout last week.

Shenanigans! Real home brewers us real vanilla beans. Vanilla extract is for people who don't know the difference between mash and mush. ;)

You love home brewing so much that you start making and selling Mash paddles, tap handles, and beer flights for a living;)

I saw one of those huge clear Pretzel containers, and thought right away that I could easily do a 1 gallon ferment in that thing......

(Jumps in the air and touches his nose)
Yes! Was at BJ's this past week and gave them a first, second and third look! Gave up when I figured it wouldn't hold ferment pressures. :-(

You get a tattoo of hops on your arm.

ForumRunner_20130317_125056.jpg

When you are cooking st patty's day corned beef and cabbage in a spare brew kettle and feel very guilty that you are making the kettle greasy haha

When you are cooking st patty's day corned beef and cabbage in a spare brew kettle and feel very guilty that you are making the kettle greasy haha

When making my boiled dinner for 20 people today I didn't factor enough boil off into my original top off. Not wanting to add almost 2 gallons of cold water to a beautifully boiled corned beef, I heated some water in my HLT to boiling then fly sparged. Success.

When making my boiled dinner for 20 people today I didn't factor enough boil off into my original top off. Not wanting to add almost 2 gallons of cold water to a beautifully boiled corned beef, I heated some water in my HLT to boiling then fly sparged. Success.

HAHA classic

When you start making your own cheese, just so you have something that will pair perfectly with your last brew.

When your so smashed you can't figure out how to turn off your phone so that idiot from work can't text you, but you still manage to post coherently about homebrew....

You have close to a hundred old school Grolsch bottles sitting in the back seat of your car only because you don't have anymore room in you closet to store said bottles. They need to be washed (layered with dust etc. but stored closed so insides are clean), but with 3 cases of beer and a 10 cu. ft. fridge in your closet still doesn't look like I'll have room.

Oh yeah... when you have a 15 cu. ft. freezer on the patio of your apartment just for equipment storage. And a keezer in your dining/living room. And that 10 cu. ft. fridge with aquarium temp. controller IN YOUR CLOSET!

Latest posts

Back