What do YOU drink your homebrew from???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcrusader

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a few batches going now and I need to get "MY homebrew glass". Something I always enjoy my brews from. What do you guys drink your brews from?

Pictures are welcome! :mug:
Thanks
CRUSADER

99% of the time it's one of these:

2007_sam-adams-glass.jpg

I have a variety of 16 ounce glass mugs that I use. I had a great crystal mug that held 23 ounces that was really the ticket - it would hold a whole bottle plus a generous head. Sadly, it cracked and had to be tossed. The 16s require a bit more care in pouring but they work OK.

90% of the time its the new SA glass, the other 10% its a .25L Apflwein glass that is nice for sampeling

Most always the Sam Adams glass. I had a Chimay Goblet, but it was accidentally broken by the SWMBO, and I haven't gotten another one yet. That glass was my favorite for big beers.

Usually, one of the bazillion pint glasses that we have, as that's a fine glass for most beers I drink. I also have a number of specialty glasses and a handful of small samplers, when that is more appropriate. When it's time to go nuts, the liter mugs come out. :)

I do like the Sam Adams glass, too. It's a great beer glass, but just a little small.

TL

Depends For a Stout I have a couple of Piny Glasses, Tartans, Kilkenny that sort of thing.

However I do have a Stein that I drink out of all the time

I was just looking around on the internet.. for cheap glasses of all styles believe it or not... Kmart has a pretty darn good selection. I'm gonna get a liter mug for like 6 bucks!! hahaha

I mostly use pint glasses but also like the 23oz. pilsners and .5 liter hefe glasses.

For many of my beers I use a 14 oz. Wine goblet...I know a little sissy, but it is a great glass for really inspecting your brew and the taper at the top holds a great head. If I am having a session at the keg, its always a .4 L pilsner glass with a handle.

Nice collection there beirmuncher!!!!

I also like your huge kegerator.. I think I saw someone make one just like it on youtube.. Was it you?

I'm ashamed to admit this, but when I'm at school, I usually drink from a jelly jar. Actually, it's a Pom juice "bottle" which is pretty much a taller, skinnier jelly jar. I'm a cheap college student.

At home I've got a Chimay goblet and the typical pint glasses. Sometimes I use a champagne flute if it seems like it'd fit the style. I've also got "Das Boot" but I have yet to drink from it.

And, yes, all of those stay at home. I know better than to bring anything I'd regret breaking to college.

beta pleated sheet said:
...I've also got "Das Boot" but I have yet to drink from it...
Ahem, cough, cough..."Das Boot" means "the boat" in English...;)

It's a German "Bierstiefel" or 'Beer Boot', but not "Das Boot". I know it's advertised as "Das Boot", but that's just another indicator of America's failed education system (supported by marketing and the media).

I usually drink from a sniffer glass much similar to the one holding my first brew below:

Cloud-Nine_Stout.jpg

Rogue pint glass
AmAmberGlass1.jpg

or 25 oz engraved mug (gift for being the bestman at my buddies wedding)
lglargebeermug.jpg

or 36+ oz mug (another wedding, groomsman this time)
PR_100538.jpg

We use something along these lines for most beers:
DSC00017.JPG

We've been collecting these for Belgian beers, as style-appropriate:
DSC00018.JPG

homebrewer_99 said:
Ahem, cough, cough..."Das Boot" means "the boat" in English...;)

It's a German "Bierstiefel" or 'Beer Boot', but not "Das Boot". I know it's advertised as "Das Boot", but that's just another indicator of America's failed education system (supported by marketing and the media).

I'm well aware of that, I took five years of German (most of it forgotten but oh well). I was making a Beerfest reference.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw that movie...

beta pleated sheet said:
was making a Beerfest reference.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw that movie...

You are definitely NOT alone!!!

Landfill said:
That brewery turns out 10,000 bottles of beer a day. I take 45 off the assembly line and I'm the *******.
:rockin:

Back