Euro Difference

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjczech

Reaction score
New to homebrewing, and a newb question I'm sure... Why is the stuff on tap out in Europe so far superior to the same product here? I like lagers - and a Heineken in Europe is awesome compared to a Heineken here (nasty!). It must be a different recipe... Can anyone give me a solid answer on this - many have opined but I still am confused. Thanksss

Many breweries brew beer under the same label as they do in their country, only they Americanise it for us piss water drinkers. Then there are the ones that produce the same product only to ship it and ruin it along the way. When in America, drink heiny from a can or keg. Green bottles are the devil, as Mrs. Boucher would say if she was a brewer. Only a fool would ruin a great beer by placing it in a green bottle (well, I like skunky funky beer every now and then).

There is a massive historical influence on the brews available in the Eu and the USA. Also a lot to do with Marketing and corporations. Many are also brewed under licence and thier are state laws that effect what can be sold so recipes are changed.

I wish I could find the funny picture of the Corona brewery. it shows a bunch of mexicans drinking premium beer and then peeing into bottles of corona, lol, fun stuff.

There is also shipping to factor. Some of the European brews are shipped via cargo ship to America. You're talking at least 3 months from brewery to the store under less then ideal conditions.

adx said:
There is also shipping to factor. Some of the European brews are shipped via cargo ship to America. You're talking at least 3 months from brewery to the store under less then ideal conditions.

Yep, that is not 3 months shipping time though that is 1 week shipping time and 2 months and 3 weeks of waiting to get ok'd at customs. The whole time in exactly as you described it "less than ideal conditions", lol which is a very polite way to say they are purposely making it bad.

Latest posts

Back