First time kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skelator

Reaction score
I racked it from my secondary to keg and everything went strangely smooth. I decided to try a conservative force carb method (one attraction was the shorter carb time compared to bottles). Mind you, this is a 3 gallon batch in a 5 gallon keg, so there is plenty of headspace.. So, i set the pressure to 27 for roughly 12-16 hours, released pressure down to 9 psi (@37 degrees). Its been 3 days and i know i shouldn't try it now, but how much longer do i need wait? Since its just 3 gallons, id rather not waste a bit each day seeing if its done.

Thanks!!:rockin:

Worst thing that happens is you get semi-flat beer that should still taste the same, so don't sweat it. I typically set my kegs @ 25ish psi for a couple days, then bleed off pressure and set it at 11 psi serving pressure. It is carbonated within a week, but gets better into two weeks, but I like my beer highly carbonated.

Back