What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no t sure what to drink.

ForumRunner_20130729_181520.png

Dylan42 said:
I have been seeing a lot of you guys drinking this skeeter pee and it looks tasty are there any recipes on here or elsewhere that I can follow? I'd like to try making this in the future.

http://skeeterpee.com/

And here's a video that's really helpful. I followed his method for making a yeast starter and it worked out great.
[ame]http://youtu.be/PiqOQ8EBIeU[/ame]

Having a pint of my Roggenbier (yeah, I know I've been drinking this one a lot lately, but it's fantastic). I think I'm gonna bottle/ keg this afternoon. My bitter, and blonde are both ready to go. I think I'm gonna do a starter for the Conan yeast I got from TNGabe for a Citra pale ale, and also brew a Prairie Bomb clone either tonight, or tomorrow.

Unless you cultured up the yeast from the Heady cans, the vial I sent is wyeast 3726. You'd mentioned brewing a saison.

Dylan42 said:
Thanks a lot! I was hoping a starter would work because I don't exactly wanna make wine.

No problem. Fuzzymittenbrewing told me about the YouTube video. The starter works great.

Some homebrew Caramel Apple Hard Cider with a shot of Crown Maple. This is the way it was meant to be enjoyed. :D

image-3361141126.jpg

Spotted Cow. I've always liked cream ales, probably since I started drinking 7 ozers when I was way too young to be drinking. SC is a good one, my favorite New Glarus beer so far. I'm in the small minority that thinks their fruit beers are disgusting.

Sawtooth Ale by Left Hand Brewing . Nice amber color with not much head . smells and tastes a little on the skunky side . After a couple sips it is not bad for a skunk beer. Seems well balanced and smooth . bitter but not over the top .

Okay then on to the Old Speckled Hen by Morland Brewing Co. in England .
Well I just do not know how to describe the taste of this beer . I am just going to take a SWAG and say that it is very well balanced and I can not tell if it is bitter or malty or sweet . It has the color of red wine only not that dark but like it was poured into a glass of water . Very smooth with just a very slight taste hidden away in it like brandy or some other liquor but I think that taste may be the hops . It does have a decent hop smell and taste . Not sure what kind of hops .
I think I like it .

My first ever Firestone Walker Parabola out of my new Prohibition Pig glass. This to me isn't what I thought it would be. It's almost like a glorified wookey.

image-3518673174.jpg

Well I just do not know how to describe the taste of this beer . I am just going to take a SWAG and say that it is very well balanced and I can not tell if it is bitter or malty or sweet . It has the color of red wine only not that dark but like it was poured into a glass of water . Very smooth with just a very slight taste hidden away in it like brandy or some other liquor but I think that taste may be the hops . It does have a decent hop smell and taste . Not sure what kind of hops .
I think I like it .

I believe that is considered an English pale.

Having a Prairie Tulsa Rugby (Pale Ale). It's very good! I'm glad I picked up a 6 pack. Next up, Wild Brew Saison.

I think I like it .

It's listed under the BJCP recommendations for ESB/English Pale Ale. I quite enjoy the beer, especially when it's in a can. The glass bottles are always skunked. It's a fantastic beer.

Drinking my Tafelbier. I need to pick up some commercial beers. Haven't had anything but homebrew in some time and I don't feel like dipping into the stuff I'm saving...

My first ever Firestone Walker Parabola out of my new Prohibition Pig glass. This to me isn't what I thought it would be. It's almost like a glorified wookey.

LOVE the Pig! Damn good food! And damn good beer! Lawsons Double Sunshine... damn I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

Aggressive pour or what?
I'm onto my Citra DIPA

Nah, man. I dont like pouring beer thst way because it ends up turning iut somewhat flat. The head in this thing just lingers the entire drink. I love this ****.

Back