dumb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christopherrburns

Reaction score
got all ready to carbonate my beer last night and had a leak at the nut where the regulator connects to the co2 tank. Is there suppose to be a washer in that nut? my guess is yes but wanted to check first

There is a plastic washer, but you can use a (disposable) felt/cardboard one as well. I got the cardboard one from airgas when all the plastic ones went missing. :drunk:

The regulator to tank connection is a flare fitting. Never tape a flare fitting, as (1) tape won't prevent gas leaks and (2) it may actually hinder the flare fitting seal properly against the gasket within...

Cheers!

Save the PTFE tape for tapered threads. Day trippr is correct as usual. Yes, unless your regulator has an integrated washer/o-ring you'll need one.

Whenever I get a CO2 fill I ask for some washers. They usually give them to me for free. That way I always have some extras. Like Yooper said they have a weird tendency to go missing.

Thanks. Got the set up from cornykeg.com as a gift and either the washer fell out in shipping or they did not include one, which seems odd since they included clamps for the tubing. Looking forward to tapping my "novemtober" fest tonight.

Back