Intense halloween experience.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangevango

Reaction score
Last night I caught wind of a party claiming to have booze and beer and real human remains. So, of course, I sought it out and found my in. It was INSANE. I went out on the porch and there was about 10 different cases of beers, so i grabbed one, I looked in the fridge and there wer 30 or so 750ml bottles of various beers. Belgian beers, Unibroue, Gueuzes.... It was amazing. Aparently the guy that threw the party just has a ton of money to spend on random artifacts, beer, and wine. I stayed up drinking some of the best beer ive ever had until 8 in the morning. What a party. Im still hung over. :tank::drunk:

Oh, yeah! Sounds like fun. I ...

I Got off work at 5:00 PM. I had been previously dressed as Hunter S. Thompson during the day. I still was. Feeling awkward in my Bleached white retro 70's short shorts and green floral print Hawaiian shirt I muscled through the day. No one at my office knew who the man was. I thought it better that they did not know.

Sitting in my car I ate a little piece of paper and drove an hour to my friends house. There I sat while everything that I had ever known about life as torn away. My ego stripped of personality, I became Gonzo. Paranoid. Ranting and raving. In the quest for the American Dream.

My associate who was dressed as a thug from A Clockwork Orange assisted me to the bar. Live music and fun filled the room as Hunter S. was alive for a night. I did not know who I was; a simple engineer from Delaware, or the eccentric writer and persona formally known from such films as Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

I did not find the American Dream. But I found the true meaning of Halloween. That it is for the recognition of those who inspired us. To act out our wildest fantasys. Its a night to forget yourself and be someone else.

If I could live that night again I would in a heartbeat.

Best night ever.

Back