Has this name been used . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For a Hefeweizen?

069-Hefenly Weizen-Label.jpg

I might consider a different font though. I imagine it's supposed to look like fumes from skunks, but it just looks grainy and hard to read.

Love the idea and the name.

Not loving the MS paint and the jpeg compression though man... I hope your original looks better.

Love the idea and the name.

Not loving the MS paint and the jpeg compression though man... I hope your original looks better.

i donno - the label just screams "I spend my time making great beer - not designing the label" - it's got that homegrown, original, down-on-the-farm feel & look to it - makes me wanna try it! :D

I might consider a different font though. I imagine it's supposed to look like fumes from skunks, but it just looks grainy and hard to read.
Love the idea and the name. Not loving the MS paint and the jpeg compression though man... I hope your original looks better.
i donno - the label just screams "I spend my time making great beer - not designing the label"
The posted graphic was compressed quite a bit. The font doesn’t look as grainy in the original and is easier to read. I’ll be the first to admit that my art skills are lacking, but I’ll go with Goat’s excuse that the label shouldn’t out shine the beer.

Thanks for all the feedback!

it's got that homegrown, original, down-on-the-farm feel & look to it - makes me wanna try it!
. . . wish I could share some with you :mug:

I dunno... I prefer to set high expectations with the labels, then disappoint with the beer.

BTW - how do you figure out the calories per pint?

So I assume you're going to put it in clear bottles so the smell will match, right? Ooh, then you could put some little halos behind him like smoke rings...

Really though, I like it.

Just to be a stickler, I never like using mixing my languages like "weizen" and "wheat" on the same label...one or the other...Hefe Weizen and American Wheats are two different animals...:D
My only excuse for using the mixed languages is to help the "less than EAC" drinkers know what's in the bottle. May be "Hefenly Weizen / A German Style Wheat Beer" would have been a little better?

Oh, and I like sticklers. Especially the honest ones.
:D

Back