I miss....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
The beach! I used to live 45mins from the beach, could go whenever I pleased, I would sneak out early in the am and catch a morning surf (aka Dawn Patrol) before work, take the wife out for some real seafood, spend an entire weekend just being lazy and hanging out around the beach everyday...

Now I live 2.5 hours from the beach and for the first time in the year and a half that we lived away from the beach I feel "homesick"....

A lot of the guys from the office spent Memorial Day at the beach at their "Beach Houses" and for some reason I really want to just go to the beach... not b/c I'm jealous of the guys here (it gives me hope knowing that one day that could be me owning a beach house as well) but just b/c I miss it so much.

Anyway, I'm just feeling a tad homesick for the beach today and it's making my day longer... blah.

Anyway, I'm just feeling a tad homesick for the beach today and it's making my day longer... blah.

Yes, it is something special with "the beach". Where I live there are no waves to surf or any beaches to speak of and it's cold as hell in the water, but having grown up here I have to say there's something special with living near the sea. In a couple of weeks, I'll be moving to a flat just by the seaside (like less than 30 ft) from the beautiful archipelago outside Stockholm.

/
H

Hehe from where I'm sitting I can see the big ships coming in through the channel on the way to Corpus Christi harbor...

Once while at work I saw a waterpipe not but a 100yrds from our parking lot....

Sad thing is.....I haven't been to the beach in FOREVER :mad: Sure, I sea the bay everyday but that doesn't count....

Since I was young I've been going to the beach less and less. My family had a place in OCNJ for many years. When school would let out for the summer I'd move down there and surf my ass off. Those were the days man. Now I'm lucky if I get one full week down the shore. I feel your pain...

Hehe from where I'm sitting I can see the big ships coming in through the channel on the way to Corpus Christi harbor...

I "googled earthed" it. Looks like a nice place. Personally I love CA and the rest of the west coast with its waves (but Tx looks nice too. Been to Amarillo btw...).

However, we don't get that here (one foot waves at the most...). Here I just love the winter at the seaside; we have this thing "tour skating" - it is fantastic -it is allmost like horizontal rock climbing -it is relaxing, exausting, an awsome experience, and it is somewhat dangerous all at the same time. This is how an early winter morning looks like when tour skating in the archipelago. Judging the color of the ice I'd say the it's less than two inches thick (you use the sticks to probe if the ice is thick enough to hold your weight...):
1243093.jpg

/
H

I live about 10 minutes from the beach. Unfortunately it's Long Island Sound so It's hardly worth going to(muddy and polluted.) When i was a kid I spent nearly everyday during the summer at Watch Hill in Rhode Island and loved every minute of it.

I live about a 30 minute drive from the beach and work about 5 minutes from the beach. Sometimes I take my lunch break on the boardwalk:D

I lived in Hawaii for four years and was never more than 3-4 miles from the ocean. I didn't go to the beach nearly as often as a person should if you live that close. That is one of the few things I miss about Hawaii.

Back