Finally Doing a Barely Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewiz

Reaction score
Been wanting to do one for a while and decided it would be a good time since I am going to do the 888 next week. Plan on going in on this Yeast for that.

Thedesk.jpg

Getting my desk organized and ready to go.

30lbsofgrain.jpg

30 lbs of grain ready for dough in!!!

heatingwater.jpg

Heating up strike and sparge water..

themltalmostmaxxedout.jpg

Dough in of the grain, almost maxxed out the mlt (need to make a bigger one).

Might as well show the rest of the BrewShed while I'm at it.

thefrementingchestandfridge.jpg

My fermentation chest and storage fridge.

beertodrink.jpg

Got to have something to drink while I slave over a HOT brew kettle.....

hops.jpg

Hop storage, wish I had more!!

Nice!!

But are you saying that you plan to warm the yeast up with a Barley wine for a cake to use for the 080808? If so, that wouldn't be the best plan.

The glass carboys on their side above head height are giving me the willies! Don't you have earthquakes in Georgia?? :p

EvilTOJ said:
The glass carboys on their side above head height are giving me the willies! Don't you have earthquakes in Georgia?? :p

If we do I haven't felt them yet, actually they work out real good they are that high and I use a ladder to get the ones on top... Takes up less space and out of the way.....

You're in Stockbridge??? I grew up in McDonough. Morrow High class of '94. Been trying to keep warm in the Rockies for the last 3 years or so.

You're in Stockbridge??? I grew up in McDonough. Morrow High class of '94. Been trying to keep warm in the Rockies for the last 3 years or so.

I lived in Rex, GA for about 2 years about '95-97. Seeing this post was the first time I thought about Stockbridge in awhile. We used to go to the big-ass Walmart there when it first went up. I remember Comet Hale-Bopp in the early morning too! Thanks for the memory-recall, now I've got Georgia on My Mind!!

Back