Only one Hop forever. Which one???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoopidwon

Reaction score
If you could choose one style of hop to brew with from here to eternity which one would it be and why????

I'm a nOOb at this but seem to like Chinook, have used twice and enjoy the aroma, have yet to taste my brews after complete conditioning but at this point that would be my choice.....could change without prior notice:cross:

I prefer Simcoe in almost all of my pale ales and IPA's. It has nice bittering properties, but also gives a nice citrusy flavor and aroma.

I don't have enough experience with different varieties to really make that call, but at this point, I would have to say centennial.

FUGGLES:

English ales are a good fit for this hop variety: Porters, Milds, and Bitters. My heart lies with my English style ales.

I like Cascade from time to time, but I get bored with it easily.

Probably Warrior. High alpha/low cohumulone for clean bittering with a mild citrus/spice/earthy profile that would work for many different styles.

Centennial, Centennial, Centennial.........uh,oh. I listed three!:ban:

Yup, same here. Centennial is excellent for bittering (relatively high AA), flavor, and aroma. It will make a damn good APA and IPA, and would wouldn't be terrible in most other beers.... except for, you know... those across the pond beers.

I'll go with East Kent Goldings. More variety possible in everything but American hopped beer. I can let someone else make those.

AAAAARGH!!! Which one? Which one? Amarillo.

No, Simcoe. Definitely.

No, I mean Willamette. Yeah.

But damn, that Amarillo! Definitely Amarillo...?

FUGGLE... not because I know anything about em but because I laugh out loud every time I say FUGGLE HOPS!!!

Cascades for best all-around American, but I LOVE German Tettnanger :rockin: ......

They aren't called Noble hops for nuttin'

Dave

Saaz... I've had Cascade... If I wanted citrus in my beer, I'd be in Mexico, not Canada. I'll (ab)use Cascade (or limes) to get with a gal, but if I have to drink it, it's Saaz.

I wouldn't be able to pick one. No way. I love the American C-hops. But I also love other styles of beer where you need other hops.

Picking one variety for the rest of my life would be like picking one sex act for the rest of my life. Impossible! They're all good! Now, some are better than others- but still, they are ALL good!

I'm still in love with Amarillo, so I'd have to pick that.

Of course, I have a pound of Simcoe in the freezer, and I haven't brewed with that yet...so my answer is subject to change. :)

Back