First batch bottled...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfmaniac

Reaction score
Well I see a lot of first timers posting about their first batch and I agree, it is super exciting... just bottled my first batch, Oktoberfest Lager... OG 1.054 FG 1.014 ... right on the money :)

now comes the REAL challenge... waiting to pop that first bottle! ;)

:mug:

Jakob

congrats on getting started and hooked already :D welcome to the addiction. make sure you wait as long as you can; it's worth it, but if you're like most of us when we were early on, you'll have to tap a bottle or 2

:) My mom and dad are coming to the US to visit from Denmark here mid August :) he'll be the best guinea pig ... so I'll let it sit, IF I can, till he comes but then we'll have to tap some!

Congrats man!! That feelings the best, huh?! When ya realize you can make a great beer! At home! Good thing is, ya still get that feeling every time you make a good beer. And on the waiting part, I bet most of use cheat to see how our beer is coming along after bottling. I do. That gets easier too, once you have a pipeline going you'll have plenty of homebrew to drink. Welcome aboard the greatest addiction... sorry, hobby, on earth!

Congrats man!! That feelings the best, huh?! When ya realize you can make a great beer! At home!

i been brewing for years, and a 50 year-old beer-drinking friend who was drinking my beer at a july 4th party said it was the best beer he'd ever tasted (he got wasted on it :D ). made me feel good. nope, the feeling never goes away

Thank you, thank you :) I feel like I'm WINNING too right now ... it's a super addicting hobby, I'm afraid I'll have to go grab another couple kits and set up a constant supply, have one after another. Can't beat the price of beer vs. home brew :)

Congrats, I just popped open my very first homebrew a few days ago -- just 10 days after bottling. Too early, I know, but it was already fully carbonated and tasting smooooth.

I had my second yesterday at 14 days... and promised myself I wouldn't open another until day 21.

Can I keep that promise?

Congrats, I just popped open my very first homebrew a few days ago -- just 10 days after bottling. Too early, I know, but it was already fully carbonated and tasting smooooth.

I had my second yesterday at 14 days... and promised myself I wouldn't open another until day 21.

Can I keep that promise?

I wouldn't be able to. Especially if the first was tasty!

I'll try and do my very very best at NOT opening one for at least 14 days :)

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm thinking of going and buying another kit or maybe even finding a recipe and getting the ingredients and going that way :)

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm thinking of going and buying another kit or maybe even finding a recipe and getting the ingredients and going that way :)

Good call. Get something to brew quick to keep your mind off the brew(s) that need to be left for a bit. Plus, ya need to get that pipeline going so you can always have tasty homebrew!

Well here it is, 2 weeks, and popped the first bottle, little bit of fizz, nice head, not huge just the way I pour my beer :) :mug:

4489-first-home-brew-ever.jpg

The best part about brewing your first batch is drinking the damn thing! I need to go buy some beer because mine tastes so good I can't stay away from it and it has been in the bottle for only 8 days! Congrats!!

Back