What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karbach Hopadillo IPA.

Had two New Belgium Accumulations before this, not a fan. I guess i have learned that I don't like white IPA's.

Redd's strawberry ale. And if I believed in dumping beer and it wouldn't offend the guy who brought it, it would be down the drain. What a fake flavor!

JK Noble King, while checking pellicles & refilling a bunch of airlocks

ForumRunner_20131010_233605.jpg

My HB saison with cherry plums. These plums give it such a nice tartness, seriously good. Got a few more pounds of them in the freezer. Time for a rebrew???? Except this time I won't attempt to pasteurize my plums and instead cook them. Damn you pectin haze!!!

image-609465026.jpg

dcHokie said:
JK Noble King, while checking pellicles & refilling a bunch of airlocks

How was it? I always see it at my local bottle shop. I pick it up look at it but can never pull the trigger on buying it.

My mild. In improper glassware. YOU WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT???

This came out so perfect. Awesomely chocolatey an toasty and 3.5%.

image-93121847.jpg

Stone Suede... Pretty good, was told it was really bitter almost on the sour side. I was expecting something totally different. It's bitter but not overwhelming.

image-354478208.jpg

FermentNEthinG said:
Some of these flat ass beers. Need to find me more of these 12 ounce Belgian bottles. Ever since I updated my iPhone this HBT program has been giving me hell...

How is that one? My local shop has it just haven't pulled the trigger on grabbing a pack

Jeez. I can't keep up with you guys and girls while I'm our here! My boss works until 11:30 pm, therefore I'm "on call".

Anyway, my brother just took a short trip to San Diego the last few days. He only had time to hit up Stone and The Lost Abbey. He definitely came home with a pretty nice haul!! I asked him to look for some Duck Duck Gooze. He calls me last night and said he found a 375!! So I got all excited. Then he told me it was a catch and release. Had to let it go. In response to my shock he explained that it was the shop's last bottle. They were charging $117!!!!!!! So I certainly don't blame him for passing. At least he had it in his hand.

Anyway, I spent the last of my weekly allowance on this tonight! It's just the right balance of funk, sour, and sweetness! Love it!! I should send a bottle to a guy I know out near Philly!

image-3337069491.jpg

Haha, thanks for the tip. The wife left the sink full of dishes so I threw it in the fridge. 1.5 L of wort takes longer to chill in a fridge than one might think.

Last Sea Hag.

Too late now - but I usually don't use the sink since that takes too much ice. Just find a pot or large bowl that gives 1-2" clearance around the flask and goes up at least 2/3 of the way up and use that for your bath. I usually put the hot starter in there, let it sit about 5-10 minutes until the ice is gone and water is already warmed up, and then dump it and reload. Usually at pitching temp in 15-20 minutes for a big starter.

Jeez. I can't keep up with you guys and girls while I'm our here! My boss works until 11:30 pm, therefore I'm "on call".

Anyway, my brother just took a short trip to San Diego the last few days. He only had time to hit up Stone and The Lost Abbey. He definitely came home with a pretty nice haul!! I asked him to look for some Duck Duck Gooze. He calls me last night and said he found a 375!! So I got all excited. Then he told me it was a catch and release. Had to let it go. In response to my shock he explained that it was the shop's last bottle. They were charging $117!!!!!!! So I certainly don't blame him for passing. At least he had it in his hand.

Anyway, I spent the last of my weekly allowance on this tonight! It's just the right balance of funk, sour, and sweetness! Love it!! I should send a bottle to a guy I know out near Philly!

I don't live near Philly silly!!

Yeah I know, but that's not till tomorrow lol Plus I hate the As. Just like the Raiders, always talking trash they can't back up.

I've always respected the A's as an organization because of the amount of talent they've not realized they had and then sold to the Red Sox for next to nothing. Haha.

On the tiki coff, it's foggy this morning.

20131011_082558_zps4649f50d.jpg

He did say it has been a long time since he shot anything, so I'd say he does. Drinking my third cup of coffee - awake now so I'll switch to water next. Thankfully the cold has been reduced to just coughing - so I can can my beer on tonight! :ban:

He did say it has been a long time since he shot anything, so I'd say he does. Drinking my third cup of coffee - awake now so I'll switch to water next. Thankfully the cold has been reduced to just coughing - so I can can my beer on tonight! :ban:

I wish I could can my beer

I've always respected the A's as an organization because of the amount of talent they've not realized they had and then sold to the Red Sox for next to nothing. Haha.

On the tiki coff, it's foggy this morning.

Love that cup on the coff hear as well TGIF.

Speaking of which when I was out earlier it looks like a fairly large truck went "hunting" this morning and smeared a deer all over the road out in front of my house

I feel like you live in paradise Channel.

I'm going to miss this view when I finally do move. (But I will probably get a lot more work done.)

This was the sunrise yesterday.

3662899_zps842ac2c1.jpg

It's paradise if you don't mind wearing a jacket 75% of the year.

The new house is just about ready to live in, I've moved twice this year, temp places to be closer to work while the new house was being built but couldn't stand apartment living, even short term. So I always ended up back here. If it were big enough for a family and 2 dogs I'd consider staying, and dealing with a long commute, but with baby channel ready to make her debut soon, I have to actually move this time.

That view would be tough to leave.

On the coffee, a big chemex brew of Texas coffee in my Texas mug from my neighbors who visited Texas this summer and thought more of me than to bring back a silly magnet! It is damn delicious coffee. A medium roast that I only poured 16 oz over, so it's strong. Yum!
IMG_5520.jpg

Back