Keg Lid - How do you release the pressure on this type of lid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTmtnbiker

Reaction score
Scored some serious schwag and received a couple of 3 gallon cornies for free about two months ago. Finally got around to cleaning them up this week and run across a cornie keg lid that I've never seen before.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how I would release the pressure from the cornie using this type of lid (picture attached below). I'm used to ones that have a pull ring or a lever that you can flip to outgas the keg, but I'm stumped on this one.

Any help appreciated

http://fox302.com/index.pl?s=vf&user=UTmtnbiker&category=Stuff&file=lid.jpg

Remove gas in quick disconnect and press the poppit to release the gas.

I'm assuming there's a special tool for this type of lid (as I have a few), but I haven't seen one, yet.

I have the exact same keg lid. You have to remove the gas connect and use something to push the pin in just like D struct said. Make sure its gas side and not liquid unless you want a beer shower.

I'm going to ignore your username and instead imagine it as UtahRed, as you dismantled us last week down in Vegas.

Thanks. I think that's the overall consensus and will either have to balance my lines out a bit more or get new lids. Much cheaper to get longer lines....

I have the exact same keg lid. You have to remove the gas connect and use something to push the pin in just like D struct said. Make sure its gas side and not liquid unless you want a beer shower.

Back