Gloves for the squeeze?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlscan26

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for my first BIAB batch and I'm trying to find gloves to use for lifting the bag and squeezing it.

I've seen some references to gloves from HD but when I checked out the ones in the store they had a heavy odor of plastic /PVC to them...

What are you all using?

I sparge and I went to a cool water sparge, no need for gloves anymore. When I did though I wore my leather welding gloves, yeah the soaked up some liquid but really never got hot.

I don't BIAB, so I cannot attest to these gloves with regards to squeezing, but I use the Blichmann brewing gloves and they are great.

Just Google "silicone oven mits" you can grab red hot stuff with them with no worries.

I don't sparge at all, and I use the lid to my boil kettle. I just press on it with my bare hands, and move it around, pressing at different angles.

I've also seen someone (on brewgeeks I think) use the bottom of a plastic pitcher.

Back