keggle pickup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCuckerson

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently acquired 2 keggles. They both have a small section of st stl pipe welded onto them and are threaded on the outside for a ball valve. On the inside there is nothing but the weld joint and a 1/2" hole. I want to install a pickup tube to fully drain the keggle, but I have nothing to attach a tube to. Does anyone know how to make a connection there?

Pics of what your dealing with would be nice.

Short of that......cut the current setup out and reweld new couplers in.

Sounds like a 1/2" pipe nipple that has been cut in half and welded in place. I defer to the weldor above and agree that cutting it out is the solution.

Hey guys,

I recently acquired 2 keggles. They both have a small section of st stl pipe welded onto them and are threaded on the outside for a ball valve. On the inside there is nothing but the weld joint and a 1/2" hole. I want to install a pickup tube to fully drain the keggle, but I have nothing to attach a tube to. Does anyone know how to make a connection there?

I'll assume this is a 1/2" Threaded male nipple butt welded to the keg.

Without sweating you can use a male and female compression fitting and drill out the stops in the fittings so the tube will go all the way through. (1/2" OD drill bit)

Mcmaster part #50915K228
Mcmaster part #50915K328

Connect them with the tube going through and the male and female NTP Pipe thread ends facing away from each other. Attach the female thread to your pipe on your keg and attach your valve to the male adapter.

You can just make the copper tubing long enough to make your pickup. Get it all positioned and tighten down the compression nuts.

You could also use copper sweat adapters for a rigid setup.

PM me if you need help. I can get the parts etc set up for you.

Without sweating you can use a male and female compression fitting and drill out the stops in the fittings so the tube will go all the way through. (1/2" OD drill bit)

Mcmaster part #50915K228
Mcmaster part #50915K328

Connect them with the tube going through and the male and female NTP Pipe thread ends facing away from each other. Attach the female thread to your pipe on your keg and attach your valve to the male adapter.

You can just make the copper tubing long enough to make your pickup. Get it all positioned and tighten down the compression nuts.

Nice idea.:mug:

Mcmaster part #50915K228
Mcmaster part #50915K328

Yep, I got it now, its genius! Thanks!

I think in fitting... sorta a foreign language for most people. :)

You will need 1/2" OD refrigeration tubing to make this work.

You also only have to drill out the female adapter to make this work. Sweat adapters would definitely be more permanent.

I think in fitting... sorta a foreign language for most people. :)

You will need 1/2" OD refrigeration tubing to make this work.

You also only have to drill out the female adapter to make this work. Sweat adapters would definitely be more permanent.

It's a good thing you do, as it is your business.

Prost friend.:mug:

Back