Sweet Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

conpewter

Reaction score
I recently bought a wine kit. http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_453_599&products_id=2431

And I was wondering if you all could help me make this turn out sweeter than normal. I made some of Edworts Apfelwein but it's just not my style. I don't particularly like dry wines and neither does my wife. I've had some good fruit wines and I know rieslings can be sweeter but I want to make a dessert wine.

Would it be possible to just add table sugar in the secondary (after campden tabs) or dextrose or should I try to stop fermentation early? Would it be a good idea to add a few pounds fresh strawberries to the secondary?

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Add sugar or juice. Dont try stop fermenting early. You will probably not successed stopping it

Add sugar or juice. Dont try stop fermenting early. You will probably not successed stopping it

I suspect in the last 8 years since he asked his question that the wine has been sweetened, bottled, and finished off.

But for anybody else who may have seen this since the bump- don't add sugar OR juice. Let it finish and then sweeten as recommended as per usual winemaking techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back