Undercarbed beer recovery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vatechtigger

Reaction score
So I have an IPA whipped up from a kit. I used 3/4 cup corn sugar dissolved in 2 cups water, added to my bottling bucket and went to town, its now 3 weeks later sitting in a warm spot, and 5 days in the fridge and there just doesn't seem to be enough carbonation to my liking. I have a get together tomorrow and will serve it (its still good mind you, I just like more carb) Would taking whatever hasn't been drunk, popping them open, dropping in a priming drop and recapping and placing in a warm spot again work or would the temp change and opening be all she wrote for tasting good? They are in 1L grolsch type bottles. Thanks

I dont know. If they are already a little carbonated and you add more sugar. I can almost guarantee you that the will be way over carbed and you are taking a risk of contamination and oxidation. I guess its completely up to you but i would just drink those bad boys and note it for your next batch.

Imma take a few bottles and give em a carb tab and see what happens. Ill keep you posted.

And dont worry Kahluaman, I have very detailed notes so sending the batch wont be necessary ;)

Back