1984 Indianapolis 500 Beer by Falstaff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneWolfPR

Reaction score
So, i work at a brewery and we occasionally sample brews from other breweries. One of our delivery drivers had 5 cans of this that he found in a house he was cleaning out a few years back. We all decided to open one and pour samples to see if it was at all drinkable.

The seals were all completely in tact so we weren't worried about any sort of infection. We used a church key to pop a couple holes in the bottom so he could preserve the top and sell the can to a collector. It was actually still a bit carbonated. I didn't drink much at all of it. I just had a couple of sips, but I was shocked by what I tasted. It both smelled and tasted like a sweet mead with a very, very slight tartness. I'm sure this is nothing like it tasted... 28 YEARS AGO, but honestly I've had significantly worse from other breweries around today. This is probably the weirdest beer experience I've had. Just thought I'd share.

Back