Need Recipe Resource

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cactussam

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out in finding a good resource (online preferably) for extract recipes or extract + hops recipes. I would like to get a few more brews under my belt before I jump into grain recipes and would like to stick to the simple stuff to get my skills a little more seasoned.

I've completed one brew so far, which though I made several mistakes, still came out fantastic. I'm actually enjoying a wonderful home brew right now :)

Anyways, I don't have any specific requests, though I'd like to brew an Irish Red Ale soon. I've done some searching around the forums here and have found it kind of hit or miss using the search function to simply find extract recipes.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out in finding a good resource (online preferably) for extract recipes or extract + hops recipes. I would like to get a few more brews under my belt before I jump into grain recipes and would like to stick to the simple stuff to get my skills a little more seasoned.

I've completed one brew so far, which though I made several mistakes, still came out fantastic. I'm actually enjoying a wonderful home brew right now :)

Anyways, I don't have any specific requests, though I'd like to brew an Irish Red Ale soon. I've done some searching around the forums here and have found it kind of hit or miss using the search function to simply find extract recipes.

Google. Search for Irish Red Ale Extract recipes. You will get a bunch of sites with different recipes. Without doing the leg work for you, that's what I would suggest.

when you're searching the HBT recipe database, click the table header labeled "prefix", this will sort by recipe type(all grain, extract, partial).

So from the main hbt page, click the link for 'scottish and irish ale' in the recipe database, then click 'prefix', then go to page 2 where the extract recipes start, and continue onto page 3.

Back