Wtb swmbo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neosapien

Reaction score
well, not really...but it got you here to look ;)

I'm just curious (and I've had 4 of my scottish 80's) if anybody here has actually met their significant other through this place.

There are a lot of pretty, intelligent, brew-savvy beernerds of both sexes here. I'd be surprised if the answer was no.

Well, I was already long married when I figured out how to brew and found this forum.

But, as I tell Bob often, it's a good thing I was already married when I learned to brew, otherwise I'd be a much more desirable date and maybe could have done better. :D

One time, I drove a fridge up to a friend's to help me cut the holes right in my kegerator, as he has all the tools and lives about 45 minutes away. We worked on the kegerator right in the bed of my truck, then I secured it and drove home. It's a 3 tap full size kegerator.

I seriously had guys passing me on the highway honking and waving. I waved back and just assumed people were friendly. Then I remembered I'm a petite girl driving a pick up with a 3 tap kegerator in the back. Heck, even I would date me! :D

Not too many of the fairer sex here. A few, and I know we are all thankful for that since they bring a bit of class to the place, but I'd say the ratio is about 99.9% dudes.

If you're looking for true love, and not the malty kind, this is probably the wrong place.

the malty kind IS the only true love...

EDIT: no, not looking. was just amused at the really old posts in the boneyard. And yooper, 4902 is still a classic for a reason... It's probably a good thing you WERE already married or there would be fights.

no, not so different. i'm not so much the syrup fan as the lupuline fan. but without the malts, how else we brew... oh wait, you are also apparently epic winemaker...

I suspect, though, that there are probably more female brewers on here than it seems at first glance. (I'd probably hide too if I was; I mean, this IS the internets and we all know there are no girls on the internets)

And, indeed passedpawn, they do bring much needed class to the place. It's just so very rare that I see women in my LHBS, and probably just as rare that I notice them on here. I just asked because, hey, this place seems to have an awful lot of intelligent, quirky, eccentric people who share the same passion. That's usually a recipe for something good.

And Yooper, I'd say you probably did fair snagging your man if he can tolerate yer spitfire wit for this long ;)

I'm not (yet) in the "I love you man" state tonight, but I do have to say that I have met some very good friends here on this forum.

I've met people that I will remain good friends with for a long time, and hope to see again but don't live close.

I also met one of my best friends on this forum!

A few years ago I got a PM from someone asking about some hops he had found on his property, and he was only about 15 miles away so I invited him to come over for a brewday and to bring some of his hops. I liked him immediately, and we became very good friends. I got to know his wife and kids, his parents, and even his brother and others. I think he'd consider me a "family friend" by this time.

I now consider him like a brother, and he's probably one of my best friends. I hung out with him for a while last weekend while Bob was out fishing, and he's helped with my brewery build. He really is a great friend, and I'm thankful for having the chance to meet him through HBT.

So, not a SWMBO/HWMO relationship, but a truly valuable relationship to me.

I'm not (yet) in the "I love you man" state tonight, but I do have to say that I have met some very good friends here on this forum.

A few years ago I got a PM from someone asking about some hops he had found on his property, and he was only about 15 miles away so I invited him to come over for a brewday and to bring some of his hops. I liked him immediately, and we became very good friends. He really is a great friend, and I'm thankful for having the chance to meet him through HBT.

So, not a SWMBO/HWMO relationship, but a truly valuable relationship to me.

And if you are fortunate enough to married to someone who is not threatened by your friendships, you are married to the right guy! A man that is secure in himself, and trusts his significant other. Rare today. Lucky you.:mug:

CBXBob said:
And if you are fortunate enough to married to someone who is not threatened by your friendships, you are married to the right guy! A man that is secure in himself, and trusts his significant other. Rare today. Lucky you.:mug:

My wife-to-be, and I actually discussed that concept before we started dating. She knows that I am friends with most of my exes and one of her best friends is one of hers. We, not to sound all mushy, love each other so much and couldn't care if someone of the opposite sex flirts with us. But that's because I know who I'm going home with at the end of the night and so does she.

Back