Help....keg for hubby

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Hey guys this is the famous SWMBO. I am wanting to buy my husband a kegging system for father's day. I am so lost it is unreal. I know that he wants a single regulator, 5 gallon keg, the hose thingies, the CO2 tank thing....I have no idea which is better between the ball lock or pin lock or where to get these things for the best price. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Does it matter now? It is either I post it here, or not get it at all, because I am clueless... what is a regulator? How many hose thingys does he need? Where is the best place to buy this thing?

SWMBO as I hear is what this web sites call us wives "She who must be obeyed". I kind of liked the abbreviation LOL

Ball lock...got it. No CO2...got it. And I will check out those websites thanks. We have a brewing store in town but they are tiny and family owned so I don't think they'll have what I am looking for.

Wow!

The Pol is a lucky guy. Wish my SWMBO would get me a keg (Or let me buy one at least :eek: ) She makes all the dough though...

I'd do the upgrades...

Barbed Fittings will be supplied unless you upgrade to the quick disconnect fittings. These will allow you to add other options to your kegging system...well worth the $5 upgrade.

The dual guage regulator is for inert gases. If you might use Nitrogen to dispense a stout this is a good idea, otherwise save the $10.

Because I am buying a kegging system... orrrrrr because of my husbands pics of me on photobucket????? ha ha

The Pol said:
Because I am buying a kegging system... orrrrrr because of my husbands pics of me on photobucket????? ha ha

I was talking about you buying the system, but now that you remind me of the pics, well yeah, both.:)

Back