Sweet Water Georgia Brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Stout

Reaction score
I have tried a lot of their beers and picked up some Georgia Brown the other day. Kinda had a tootsie roll smell to it and when I tasted it an IPA was my first thought. I kept working on it and half way down I started getting a headache but didn't think much of it. Since I had a headache I figured I just needed another beer due to a long day at work. Well, it got worse. I save my bottles so I looked at the ones I had opened and the best before date was 08/22/2008.

I couldn't even finish the 2nd one. Has anyone else tried these and did it have a better taste? Did I get screwd by the package store I bought them at?

It was way to bitter and I can only assume it was the age. Still had a great smell to it but anyway....

Just didn't know if I should give another 6 of it a shot.

I can't say Georgia Brown is one of my favorite Sweetwater beers, and thats only because they have so many really good brews. But i do think the brown is a fine beer and have bought it several times.

I don't know that just because the date is old would make it bad per say, maybe it was skunked somehow?

I'd say try a fresh one again sometime.

I don't know how i feel about an "expired" date on beer. I think it's all a hoax to get people to drink the beer in the fridge faster...

I don't know how i feel about an "expired" date on beer. I think it's all a hoax to get people to drink the beer in the fridge faster...

It's workin'!!!! Ahhh they got me!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6onQLgC1Ck]YouTube - Hotels.com Commercial - Guy Pouring Shampoo On His Head[/ame]

Latest posts

Back