band heater rims

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am assuming the idea would be to clamp this around a pipe and recirculate. If that is the case I think it wouldnt be that efficient as you would be loosing a lot of heat to the outside. It is an interesting concept though good find.

I am assuming the idea would be to clamp this around a pipe and recirculate. If that is the case I think it wouldnt be that efficient as you would be loosing a lot of heat to the outside. It is an interesting concept though good find.

yeah,just to maintain temps during the mash and perhaps raise to mashout temps if it has the grunt,i'm not too bothered about efficiency as none of the other pipework on my system is insulated.

i was googling these to find out some more info and it turns out you can get them in huge sizes,probably not very cost effective but you can get insulated ones that cover a whole keg!

Latest posts

Back