Moving into the beer business

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hotel Tucson.
We, be in Santa Fe June 29 and 30. Any suggestions for that town? Second St. Brewing? Blue Corn Brewing? Marble Brewing Co. ? Duel Brewing? Santa Fe Brewing Company? Those are the ones my wife found. I sure do love her! 35 years married and still going strong!

Hotel Tucson.
We, be in Santa Fe June 29 and 30. Any suggestions for that town? Second St. Brewing? Blue Corn Brewing? Marble Brewing Co. ? Duel Brewing? Santa Fe Brewing Company? Those are the ones my wife found. I sure do love her! 35 years married and still going strong!

I've had Santa Fe and Marble. Both are good and I really like Santa Fe.

I'm down for Thursday after work. Should be free by 4. I'd like to meet a bit earlier if possible while its still hot as f#$% so I can get back to projects when the sun goes down.

@maddbaggins,

That is a pretty good list. I love Dragoon and both of the Whole Foods. I'd add Iron Johns Brewery. It is kind of a downtown place.

I agree you should add Iron Johns. It is by far the best brewery in Tucson. Dragoon is a strong second with the rest being just meh.

As far as the location of your new store the gaslight area will be good for business as lots of people stand around in that parking lot. I look forward to checking it out.

Thanks for the advice. Since we can obviously not hit too many in the one night that we will be there, my wife and I will probably hit Iron Johns and Dragoon. Just for ****s and giggles, I'll post up here when I can predict when we will be where.
Now, where should we go for dinner???

Just sitting here thinking....I totally hijacked your thread. Very sorry.
I'm out. Good luck with the store. I know you'll do good!

Back on topic?

The AZ Beer House is coming right along. Place is awesome. I can't wait to kill a pint there. Definitely needed in this town. Keep us up to date Alvin.

I was in ABQ for a night and had a few Marble IPAs. Damn good.

Thanks for the advice. Since we can obviously not hit too many in the one night that we will be there, my wife and I will probably hit Iron Johns and Dragoon. Just for ****s and giggles, I'll post up here when I can predict when we will be where.
Now, where should we go for dinner???

Iron Johns offers tasting only, but u can buy bottles. Dragoon is kind out of the in a commercial building. Checking online you might find a place that serves both beers.

As far as food goes you have some good options and yelp is pretty accurate. If u find something interesting someone in this thread has probably been there.

No sweat on the hi jack. It's all about Tucson Beer.

My favorite east side restaurant is Jonathan's Cork. Tanque Verde/Pima. Excellent food (my favorite is the lamb chops) and a few craft handles.
Kinda pricey but worth it.

Well, We will be there tomorrow night. I'm excited to finally be on vacation and it looks like we'll get a strong start with our first night in Tucson.

LOL. Just the first night. Can't drive 24/7... Next is El Paso! Another nice place to vacation...then on to Denver! Then...who knows. Don't have to be back to work until July 13.

Thanks for all of the tips on Tucson brews! We went to Iron Johns, had a taste and bought a couple to go. We are in Dragoons right now. Excellent IPA! Headed to get a bite to eat real quick and heading to Borderlands to finish off the evening.

Thanks for all of the tips on Tucson brews! We went to Iron Johns, had a taste and bought a couple to go. We are in Dragoons right now. Excellent IPA! Headed to get a bite to eat real quick and heading to Borderlands to finish off the evening.

That sounds like a good day! Did you enjoy yesterday's monsoon storm. It was a good one on the east side.

Tonight was the soft opening for vendors/reps/family/friends. It went well. We need to tweak some regulators some more, but otherwise pretty smooth.
From now on, we're open. Grand opening celebration near the end of this month, but if you stop by before then, well serve you up.

I might have to drop by this weekend if you will be around.

Will you have any Iron John's on tap?

Congrats! Sorry I missed you on our trip. We just got home tonight.
In Tucson, the only beer that we found to be outstanding were Dragoon IPA and we loved some of Iron Johns offerings, but I cannot recommend the Red IPA. The Wheat (7 something?) was really good tho. Problem with them is they have no "flagship" beer. It's always something different. You gotta check out their brewery! Soup kettles gravity system! Craig's list stuff putting out top notch commercial craft beers!
From Santa Fe, Duel has some pretty good Belgians and Santa Fe Brewing had the best IPA. Second street and fire and hops IPA was OK too. Albuquerque, Marble IPA took the prize for best beer in NM.
In Co. telluride has a really good IPA, Crank Yanker was good and O'Dell IPA scored well. Maybe cycle those through periodically?
In Nv. Boulder Dam Brewing has an interesting IPA made, good stuff for a change.
All other beers we tried, and they were many, Were just meh.
Just my opinion, but I'm the one that will be looking for something I like next time I drive through.
Good luck with the business, I'm sure you will succeed, we need more Craft beer pubs and less ****ty beer bars!

I see where you are coming from Brick. I would say Dragoon is the 2nd best in Tucson, but they do offer quite a bit on tap and their more popular ones are always around. I think Iron Johns has the best quality and their session IPA was awesome, but you can only get it when its there.

Sounds like you have a good trip. It also sounds like you need to hit up Belgium to tour beers there in the motherland. The amount of fantastic brew there is unreal.

Wow that sounds amazing, good luck with sales, and as a web developper i can help you with your web page :p
PM me if you want a profesional webpage, or even with shop inside

Yep, we'll be open and we have a 1/6 barrel of Iron Johns Lions Pride English Pale.
Hope to see you there.

I went yesterday with my wife. I like it, popcorn was a good idea, the beer flowed quickly and nice bottle selection too. Looks like you only have a few kinks to work out and you haven't even had your grand opening yet. :mug:

Back