What would you call this? Beer style question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kunstler

Reaction score
So my sister asked me and I didn't have an answer for her but I'm sure someone here will.

She wanted to make a blueberry ale (her 3rd batch) she made a light/blonde ale fermented it out and let it clear a bit. Then she dumped a couple pounds of blueberries into the secondary and racked on top the blonde ale.

It kick started fermentation and she left it for a couple days. She thought it wasbubbling since she racked it and that air was just coming out if solution...

She opened one the other day and said it wasn't beer....but wasn't a wine either...but was kinda both. Very dry, but with some residual sugar/sweetness. She liked it and wants to make another frankenbatch as she called it.

What is this? It's not a lambac or anything like that...or would it qualify as that. I'm confused ny it all and will have to try a bottle

Back